What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Christmas greetings and a status-report from Norway to the RV-world.

ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi RV-builders, RV-pilots and RV wanna-be's. :)

Here's a few lines and pics to greet you all and to show you a little status-report:
On the 7th of December, I granted my building-crew their usual 4-week Christmas vacation.
During the first half of the building season, (we build from Oct to May each year), we've mostly worked with electrical stuff: connecting interior- and exterior lights, avionics etc)

When we start up again on the 7th of January, we'll start with connecting all the sensors to the AFS 4500.

Here's a few pics:

Headset-connections and baggage flood-lights:

I've copied this position from someone here at the forum. This position keeps the headset wires out of the way, have a short run to the headsets and doesn't take up panel-space.

We've increased the defroster-capacity to twice the amount on my first -7: we've installed two fans sucking hot air from the cockpit hot-air inlet, then routed the two hoses upwards, joined them and finally up towards the canopy.
Here's the last (most aft) bulkhead penetration

We've also started to route wires beetween the panel and the engine:

Here's the panel:

As my first -7, we're building the plane so that the right seat is the pilot seat.

Here's my building crew:

Most building days, we're three or four, depending on the task.
That's a perfect number of builders.

In beetween, we've also had a visit from our inspector. Here she's inspecting the fuel-lines:

Here, she's overlooking the wires:

And here, she's tired of the whole thing:

Anyway; we ended the first half of building season as usual: with real Christmas food for real RV-builders: pizza and beers...

Finally, from Norway to all RV-builders and flyers around the whole world:
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you and the crew Alf.

Looks like progress is going well. Can't wait to see your first engine start on VAF along with inspection and first flight reports. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the update and a very Happy New Year to all of your crew.

Back