What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Big Move

Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Have to take a moment to thank my buddies who helped me today with The Big Move...after 5 years, the plane is now in the hangar and being mated to all the component parts (wings, empennage and control surfaces went there over the last few weeks). Special thanks to Alex, Gary, Chris, Jim, Alan and a few other airport rats who showed up to help out :). The end is definitely in sight now!!!

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

The big move II

After building 33 RV airframes of all models, I finally got my personal -7 to the airport as well. A few weeks of assembly and final rigging and I'll be ready for Mel to come on out and do his DAR thing! Mel, What kind of lead time do you need for an inspection around the end of January?

Congrats ....

That's a big day! I made the Big Move on Nov 5, '11 ...just a hair over a year ago. I remember like it was yesterday. The main gear span was so close to the inside dimensions of the covered trailer that I had to remove the wheel pant brackets to get inside! I ended up with about 1/2" to spare on each side.
The end is in sight now for you. :D

Back