What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Saturday Interval, NH NH86

turbo

Well Known Member
this saturday interval nh NH86 11am. that is the plan. it is about 10 miles west of concord nh. this is a private 2100 paved runway. a short walk to the base of pats peak ski area is a great breakfast place. again bring a bathing suit and we will see what we can go for a dip some where. ;)
image-10.jpg

Cool!

I may arrive a bit early because I'll need to bug-out for an afternoon commitment. Will definitely be there through the 11-noon slot !

That's not far from my home base. I will try to make it depending on the weather. It would be great to meet other RV pilots.

Hi Turbo, I need to get mine finished up so I can join you guys on some of your adventures. Maybe Tuesday....(but not THIS Tuesday)

blueE, nice to here from more rvers in the area. email me your info a [email protected] so we can keep u in the loop. where are u based? i have been into parkers maple barn with the helo before. i believe it is near you.

charlie, its about time to finish up soon. when is the next pizza party at simsbury?

31CC4BAF-F2C2-4AD3-BE42-2D07D7B2686E.jpg

Goodbye Girl is here and may go

Goodbye Girl (RV10 from Montana) is here.

After a nice aerial tour I released them to NYC :D

Goodbye Girl sleeps at Linden KLDJ and her crew will overnight somewhere by Times Square :D

I am trying to talk them to Intervale...

Last edited:
I was at Linden about a month ago - they charged me a $35 ramp fee for 3 hours of parking!

blueE, nice to here from more rvers in the area. email me your info a [email protected] so we can keep u in the loop. where are u based? i have been into parkers maple barn with the helo before. i believe it is near you.

Parkers is a quarter mile up the road. I'm based out of NH16 - the private Brookline airport. It's a nice little community with just enough activity to keep it interesting.

rescheduled to next saturday arriving a bit earlier 10:30. :)

vlad was ready to go today, if was hard telling him it was a no/go.

AFCACF48-DC6D-43D2-8318-7DE64FF066BB.jpg

well 2 of us showed up and bob took us to breakfast!
me and a young lady who flew in by herself in her RV8. we had a great host and a nice breakfast. i had to skud run a little but got there no problem. nicer going back. Vlad i thought for sure u'd be there. see you maybe next sat at our fly in?
fred

me and a young lady who flew in by herself in her RV8. we had a great host and a nice breakfast. i had to skud run a little but got there no problem. nicer going back. Vlad i thought for sure u'd be there. see you maybe next sat at our fly in?
fred

Fred I forgot about your Flyin. I will be there for sure I promised you before leaving for Alaska. If we can divert the RV crowd to your strip is there enough parking? :)

parking for at least 6 rv and more at the next door airport 100 yds away. we'll be on 122.75. cookout starts 2pm next say. get me a count please.
fred

Last edited:
Is there room for a late arrival. May be able to make both.

actually we start at 2pm until whatever. I might even fly back to Interval as i am not needed at our flyin. we are taking fri off to set everything up. then fly back with you guys to ny.
fred

look on a sectional near KSYR, Syracuse NY. just outside the outer ring south east u will see NK51 LUTHER field. we are the next 1800' grass strip 100 yds north. my cell is 315-569-2303 fred

fred

Thanks for the invite to Intervale. Nice little airport. I'll have to come back again for ice cream.

Unfortunately, I will miss the rest of you this weekend for your rain date. I'm headed up to Rumford Maine for their fly in.

actually we start at 2pm until whatever. I might even fly back to Interval as i am not needed at our flyin. we are taking fri off to set everything up. then fly back with you guys to ny.
fred

So here is the plan to hit BOTH private strips on Saturday unique opportunity for Flash Mob Squadron. Breakfast at Intervale around 1030 then up to Tim's strip. A lot of scenic flying on the way to Syracuse and we won't arrive till hungry or empty tanks whatever comes first :D

Intervale 2011.

Some details about Tim's and Fred strip are here http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=112458&highlight=tim+fred

z8.jpg

There's a chance I could make Fred's but the timing will mean a meet-greet-n-go.

If you can narrow the window of arrival at Fred's don't be surprised if a long range bomber makes an appearance :cool:

There's a chance I could make Fred's but the timing will mean a meet-greet-n-go.

If you can narrow the window of arrival at Fred's don't be surprised if a long range bomber makes an appearance :cool:

what time would be a good time?
fred

I'd like to join the flash mob to Interval. It's close by to my home airport. If I can talk myself out of painting the house I may go to the next stop as well.....;)

OK, thanks for the Intel. 2pm is probably a little too late for me. Its a 2h30m return. I'd have to be off the ground no later than 2:30pm.

I may arrive early, snag a selfie as proof and poof before the flash mob. I'll watch weather.

Last edited:
All is fine at intervale this morning. Got there a bit late for the second shift do to fog. Arrived as first shift was leaving. By then david jones was still there with a plane load in his 10 including his wonderful wife, Amy laboda and hubby. They just arrived the day before from osh in there 10. Spending some time soaring in the Vermont mountains. John showed up in his cub for second shift and we were off for some good food. We didn't stop laughing for about an hour. Whew. You need to fly into nh86 some time. Till we meet again. Satisfied flyer for the day. Sorry no pics today.

My plan is to land at Fred/Tim field around 1:30pm this Saturday and depart around 2:00pm. Hope to briefly see somebody :)

It's 325nm each way. Will I get the "furthest traveled" award? What's the prize?

Last edited:
A lot of RVs are coming to Intervale tomorrow. No fling wing Turbo bring the old girl :D

Last edited:
A lot of RVs are coming to Intervale tomorrow. No fling wing Turbo bring the old girl :D

Yes, the bird is warmed up and ready to go. Flew out to ptown today And found some whales. Tomorrow is lookn epic. See you all there. :cool:
photocopy.jpg

Turbo===I`ll be in Wiscasset Maine with the Cubs----sorry to miss you guys---YAK-52s will practice around 2:00PM----John Fleurent

john, nice to see you on here. i thought to myself ,who is the Sky Goddess? never heard of that one. surprise. what a day to be a pilot. have some fun for us. be thinking of you. pics to come.
photocopy-1.jpg

We had 13 RV's show up...

Bob (I should have gotten a picture of Bob) the owner of the private strip treated the whole entire gaggle to breakfast. Yes we used his strip an due paid for the food as well..

4 RV's (Fred, Agent Orange, Vlad, Turbo maybe even Claudio) busted out to Fred Edmunds place for the BBQ with a pit stop at a local swimming hole to cool off from the 84˚F heat.

Bill Lowen 1985 RV-3
[URL=http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/Westof30/media/NH86%20Intervale/IMG_3828_zpsb49dcef9.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/Westof30/media/NH86%20Intervale/IMG_3827_zps0d6ba959.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/Westof30/media/NH86%20Intervale/IMG_3822_zps55889634.jpg.html][/URL]

Tim Bergeron 2009 RV-7A
[URL=http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/Westof30/media/NH86%20Intervale/IMG_3817_zpsc2d1b7ed.jpg.html][/URL]

James Lewellyn 1998 RV-6
[URL=http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/Westof30/media/NH86%20Intervale/IMG_3819_zps56ac5143.jpg.html][/URL]

Jim, hello down there, nice posts on the landing at intervale. Got most of the facts correct.
3DBFFD80-F70C-4A39-B96B-659C49D71BD7.jpg

Thanks for all for a beautiful morning of flying. My son, Matt, and I had a great time. It was nice to meet so many fellow RVers. Breakfast was outstanding. I hope to connect with everyone again soon.

Thanks again,

Dean and Matt

Nic pics! Missed the sub-squadron at Fred's as I had to bug out before you guys arrived :mad:

Fred / Tim had a big (and HUNGRY) crowd!:eek:

Ye Old Swimming hole.

Ok, besides Vladabout who else went swimming in The Catskill creek in Freehold? :D

Here is most of the arrivals looking down from the monster snow blower.
38BB9D2B-50A9-4058-BEA3-3262F3904243.jpg

What ? No photos of the monster snowblower? :D

You guys are killing me. I'm still in Ohio and my -6 is sitting in Florida patiently waiting for my return.

Back