What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

hangar with a view

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Sometimes looking outside the hangar door makes you feel good.

cinemascope.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!

I like the stone floor as well - I would bet there are zero hangars in the US like that!

Hangar view

Luke,

I thought I had a decent view just looking at the runway from the first row of hangars at my airport instead of the back of other hangars. But your view is probably the best any RV could hope for I?ll bet your -8 just looks at those mountains every day and says ?Let?s go fly?!

I am jealous

I feel you, Luca!

Here's an Alleghany mountain moonrise from the hangar door. "The RV-6A in repose." Impossible not to feel blessed to have such beauty close at hand.

Views from the hangar

I agree that there are times when the view from the hangar is the most satisfying. This was my view from our hangar when we lived an southern Utah at Grassy Meadows Sky Ranch (UT47).

https://postimg.cc/DSNsbCXp

Last edited:
Here's an Alleghany mountain moonrise from the hangar door. "The RV-6A in repose." Impossible not to feel blessed to have such beauty close at hand.

I've seen that hangar. And flown to that runway before The Big Fire.

Here's one from my "getaway" hangar in Henning, Minnesota (05Y). This evening picture was taken last summer when forest fires in Canada were causing a very dense haze. Unfortunately, I didn't step back far enough to include the plane in this picture...:(

_APKP41r8nrF3Dowt2RnfodSbEhcvmP3-EImMV4t8WXyEegT25MVRX9vXjSEchvWz-yyo19570qnUMwxYQrpBIU5dSdPPvC0ONlsdlbaWbx3loS_L3ndB307Rr65ryejUWVc0dxBju4wbz19JyMmo1Fh8TQb-dA-TRx3Q2UEbq4W0QzhX7DuRixEiXivNASEFG2fFkF3qiuMEZjm1CXM4WOdILAiDNSY-JyJAp02mzgL8n_zqscsbAaGqTwocmn5YV4duPXomFPPFpoVd0cr5ZVWMd16Q9uJcrUvp6L__KbuKzui4wrNEFfsTkIP013tsu4L0IWOkTKMJddygI-uX_dGZbhg88Yg5odGJWjiDpp7Zs2DK2lfjsO-uafWMVGuzog9rSNCbsMkvtpPc8_BtU05d9hiEngiNfYdigxL_KH5nzOEGNoPLrE8uFQWNtHb8ED-gnb8PnqQ_RjV35XK52tGnK-DJXPrEcmuwZjIOZ42vdyx3wGnsRfPZeIULYnZPLvCKJaMq3yICfMrMikBR48wTFLXlwJlFcvesEbEMHa1KKbC-av9379Jt3SGcXuTPL5bKqf-a-58vLDSExgt51o9_RvXXx3dA4eC3DlVjFeX8zfwSxCFY2amBsuEPt426DrDRLuPvrUdhcmtF3kiKowqJKXTU88TSxRWUx2IVUZZ3QFx1YqUTX5rOzlxuYpmQXJT4eh9DC9UbqwMa9lIM0DJaA=w800-no

Here is my view

Took off the wheel pants since we are landing on the gravel runway right now at KFLY. They are resurfacing the main runway. It sure was a pretty morning for a flight.
-jTB_rXLowLd_cnQAWNquAvzTcdRqU_INb_-8jKFPB2-ODOT5N96pfC3ZDoviAQwOLGTBa3JKRWf1lczepUui638-p94MINKbQoD9kdCas_pg7IQ_PW2X1-n9kfjlVbEgDG5MfJ_mA=w1200

Geoff

Last edited:
Back