What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Petit Jean 2019 Pictures and Picture links

On the way. 4.2 hours of flying end up being 5.8 hours.

IMG-7442.jpg

IMG-7444.jpg

IMG-7445.jpg

Parked on the ramp.
IMG-7446.jpg

IMG-7447.jpg

There must be 60 people here already.

Here is the link to mine

https://photos.app.goo.gl/88FwTx1mwJTq8NM86

Apparently Google Photos is not allowing people to see my album:-(
I’ve checked and rechecked everything. I am the only one able to view them.
I am really starting to hate Google Photos. Picasa was so much better then Google bought it and did away with it.

Please let me know if you are able to view the album

UPdate: Google finally fix the problem and the link now works!

Last edited:
A very strange thing happened when I clicked on your link: I got to a page that had me "select photos". When I did that, about 40 of my own personal photos showed up!

There was also a link to click on "show faces". When I clicked on that link, I saw about 10 photos of faces of my friends. These face photos had been cropped out of other larger photos, and blown up, and were a bit fuzzy.

Facial recognition, anybody??

I find this disturbing.

A very strange thing happened when I clicked on your link: I got to a page that had me "select photos". When I did that, about 40 of my own personal photos showed up!

There was also a link to click on "show faces". When I clicked on that link, I saw about 10 photos of faces of my friends. These face photos had been cropped out of other larger photos, and blown up, and were a bit fuzzy.

Facial recognition, anybody??

I find this disturbing.

When you clicked select photos, it was trying to add photos from your device to his album.

album is empty...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/88FwTx1mwJTq8NM86

Apparently Google Photos is not allowing people to see my album:-(
I?ve checked and rechecked everything. I am the only one able to view them.
I am really starting to hate Google Photos. Picasa was so much better then Google bought it and did away with it.

Please let me know if you are able to view the album

The page comes up titled Petit Jean but it says album is empty...

Sorry

Yes, I can see what it?s doing by sending the link to my wife.
On my end I see all the pictures. I also have checked all the settings and everything appears to be correct. Feedback sent to Google. :-(

I got the same thing as post 4----all pictures of me and family---nothing like you wanted. Weird---and disturbing as the other guy said.

More pix

This event was AWESOME. I in my 7A & Butch in his 6A flew in Thursday from GA. The organization of this for as large as it is was outstanding. Shuttle vans to take u all around. Food setups were excellent. Can?t go away hungry. We liked it better than OSH.

Just some of the 103 RVs in attendance.

Friday nite?s dinner at the lodge.

Saturday nite?s dinner in the ?woods?. Excellent BarBQ

Departed Sunday with Gary Sobek and his RV6 to the East and skirted the weather to the south.

The 3 of us stopped in Rome GA KRMG due to low clouds ahead and south. Took the courtesy car to this restaurant, Sam?s, home of the ALMOST world famous burger. How can anyone pass up a restaurant made out of G2?s ?? Ended up in a hotel for the nite and continued on Home Monday bout noon.
Totally AWESOME event & adventure.

Awesome photos, Mark! Karen and I enjoyed talking to you last weekend.

Scroll, a framed, three-panel story board ought to go in your hangar soon!

Mark's pics are absolutely fantastic!

I spent some time with Mark talking airplanes and watching him take some pictures. His camera setup would make anyone jealous. Top notch stuff and top notch photographer!

Oh and Mark, give me a call when you want to do some changes on your plane or start on that 14 you wanted.

This was our first time at Petit Jean. All the folks who volunteer to put this event on and make it happen are TOP SHELF, just the best. From the first contact with the air boss, you feel like your visiting your best friends. Met some fantastic people, ate great food, and had a lot of laughs. We will be back next year.

Back