What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KELLI GIRL joins the 200 Kt Club

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
I flew KELLI GIRL down south to Austin Exec to pick up Kelli and bring her home.

FP06032016A00046.jpg

On the solo leg to Austin, I had a huge tailwind, rolling my ground speed over the 200 knot mark. BooYah!!

FP06042016A0001M.jpg

Sadly, the return trip flew us directly into that same wind, slowing us to a 114 Kt crawl.

FP06042016A0001N.jpg

Welcome to the club with Kelli Girl Scroll. And good to see Kelli is not a figment of your imagination, unlike Hula. :p

Good catch Paul

You still got me beat Scroll. I'm in the zero knot club until it warms up here.

The vertical speed bug is set to -500fpm but not seeing any vertical speed indicated. Seems legit to me.

I use 500 FPM for autopilot climbs/descents. It's easy on the CHTs while making climb/descent point range computations easier. Then I can dial in vertical rate adjustments based on the displayed level-out arc.

You still got me beat Scroll. I'm in the zero knot club until it warms up here.

No excuses, Bugsy. If Vlad can operate off a frozen lake, well.... But then again he is part Siberian Husky part bear. :D

I use 500 FPM for autopilot climbs/descents. It's easy on the CHTs while making climb/descent point range computations easier. Then I can dial in vertical rate adjustments based on the displayed level-out arc.

Oh for sure. I was just pointing out that your PFD shows level unaccelerated flight. Welcome to the club! :)

Rob,
What makes me love your 200/700 photo most? It's a B777 nav display (I teach 777 ground school at American). :cool:

Scroll, I knew you would know it was a Triple...

Because I have enjoyed the classes you lead at AA!

You do a great job over there, and as someone on the other side of the table at the schoolhouse, it always makes the routine of recurrent training a lot more "fun" if the instructor not only knows his stuff, but teaches it with passion and a sense of humor vs just going thru the motions.

See ya back there in 6 months!

Rob "I bought you breakfast over at Hicks" Schroer

Roger that, Rob,
I remember. It helps when you fly very cool and FAST airplanes. :cool:

Back