What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

6 vs 7 rivets, Roll Bar Attach Plate

dbhill916

Well Known Member
Hi guys,

a fairly trivial question this time. The Book calls out 6 LP4-3's in 23-03 step 3 figure 2, but there are 7 holes in the corresponding Roll Bar Attach Plates (F-1205B's) and the Mid Fuse Brace (F-1205A). In a rare fit of self restraint, I filled the holes in question with cleco's pending feedback from this august assembly.

IMG_3154.JPG

Thanks in advance,
-dbh

Just a WAG here, but this could be a tooling hole, or it may be used further along in the plans---which I suspect is the case.

Usually pays to read ahead in the plans when something like this comes up.

It's been a while since I worked on that piece, but as I recall it is basically a tooling hole that is used on the right (?) side for the cockpit overhead light wiring? On the other side, I just filled it with a rivet. My RV-12 is out in the hangar so I can't say for sure. YMMV

The one on the right side has a hole to pass through the map light wiring. Since the attach plates start out as two of the exact same part, they both have that 'extra' hole. The builder makes them either left or right depending on which side of the plate gets the countersinks. You can plug the hole on the left side...or not. Your choice. I left mine open. Anything to save weight, eh?

Back