What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder pedal Bearing Block

Driving '67

Well Known Member
Friend
I?ve been working on the installation of my rudder pedals and the top portion of the bearing block appears to be too thick to fit between support angle and the rudder bar. It looks I?m going to have remove about .075? of material to fit without binding. Has anyone else bumped into this? To date everything has fit perfectly so I?m wondering if I?m missing something. Both ends of the rudder pedal blocks went into their respective holes with no issues or binding.

2u6zer8.jpg

I think this falls into one of those build order issues. Sometimes it appears the instructions don't always call out the best build order. I haven't looked at the 14 instructions so I'll throw out that disclaimer too. I think on mine I marked the hole locations on the firewall stiffener, bolted the bracket to the rudder pedal assembly, aligned the bracket holes as best I could to my marks, clamped the bracket to the firewall stiffener and match drilled.

The bearing block bolt holes match up to the support angle perfectly. The block is just too thick and if forced will probably cause the firewall to bulge. As the other posters mentioned they had to remove material prior to final fitting. As a first time builder I?ve got used how refined the RV14 kit is.

Back