What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Unrein's 18-year Phase One

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I know a lot of you, especially those who attended the RV get together at Oshkosh in 2012 are familiar with Brian and Brandi Unrein, who built an RV-10 together at the tender age of... well, they're very young as RVers go.

This wass the first flight of their latest project over the weekend.

unrein.jpg

Do I detect an RV grin there?

(Please excuse my punctuation error in the subject line. It's not like I make a living at this or anything. :*) )

Last edited:
I am sure they will read this...

after they get some sleep. :)
A great compliment to the RV10. Congratulations to Brandi and Bryan!

Way to go, Brian & Brandi! Another little copilot joins the VAF Family! :D

Congrats!

Good thing you finished the plane BEFORE the baby came. Your success with that project will help prepare you for the even harder one ahead.. parenthood! :) P.S. cute kid.

Hello Lucy

Congratulations Brian and Brandi!! You guys are going to be great parents!!

She's a cutie!!!

Keith

That takes care of three seats. The question is, does the 10 have room for all the baby gear.
Congrats

Great pic!
Baby's expression looked like mine when I opened the first box from VANs!
(Hmm, Got a lot of work ahead of me here...)
Now starts the most rewarding thing you will ever do :D

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. We're back home now and survived our second night on the job albeit with little sleep again :rolleyes:

Lucy Ariel Unrein was born 7 lbs 3 oz on May 4th. She was a natural breech delivery and mom did great with no epidural! I survived with no crushed hand or black eye so I met my goal too :D

We're still hoping to make Oshkosh 2014 so we can show off our best build project to date :)

New Member Of An Elite Group

Both she and her name are very beautiful!

Brian, as the father of three wonderful adult daughters I am qualified to tell you life will never be the same, and I mean that in a very good way.

So, it is my honor to hereby welcome you to the official "He-Man Womanmaker's Club"!

Cheers and good luck to you all!

Awesome!

Congratulations Brian and Brandi! I look forward to meeting Lucy. See you guys at OSH if nothing else.

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Congrats to you three. Reading about your daughters birth brought back memories of a time 21 years ago when my daughter was born. Next week she graduates from college. She was with me at Osh last July when I talked with you at the beer bust.

Enjoy the journey.

Congratulations to you both Brandi and Brian.
Best in the world for little cutie Lucy Ariel.
You are right, to date your best build project!

Guido Spaini
Maturin, Venezuela

Well done

Well done Brian and Brandi. We are hoping to be at OSH and will look forward to meeting Lucy.

Congratulation

Hey hey,

Congratulation. I've got six of these and can say (at least for me) it just never gets old. Very glad to hear mother and baby are safe and healthy.

Congratulations

Thanks everyone. We're back home now and survived our second night on the job albeit with little sleep again :rolleyes:

Lucy Ariel Unrein was born 7 lbs 3 oz on May 4th.

A big congratulations Brian & Brandi:) don't worry....little bundles like Lucy are grandparent magnets.....help will no doubt be there to give backup! Just ask grandpa Palinkas!:D

Congrats!

I still remember the exact moment my baby girl arrived...breech delivery also.

That was 18 years, 2 months, 8 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes, and some odd seconds ago...she graduates high school in three weeks...:(

Enjoy EVERY minute of EVERY day with her because the time is going to fly faster than you will believe...

Congrats on a beautiful baby girl , everyday it gets easier and more fun , , my daughter just turned 3 last week and let me tell you the time flies bye , seems like yesterday I was bringing her home and changing her first diaper , well my first time too , boy was I nervous , lol , just cherish every minute and every second with her cause it goes by quic , no matter how bad of a day I have at work when I walk in the house and she comes running over with open arms it's a wonderful experience , now if only my fianc? would let me take her up flying , been working on it for 3 years lol
Adam Simmons

Back