What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Backside of removable instrument panel, tip-up

A5555

Well Known Member
Pictures of backside of instrument panel for tip-up. By Aviation Systems, with a few more wires I added.

100_5059.jpg

100_5060.jpg

100_5061.jpg

100_5058.jpg

100_5062.jpg

100_5040.jpg

100_4070.jpg

Last edited:
Nice neat layout Steve. If it were me, I'd put the panel in my lap during a football game this wekeend, take a new razor blade, and trim the little tails off all of those tie-wraps - trim them flush and square. I've got lots and lots of scratches/scars on my hands from working on wiring bundles that look like that after they have been installed!

Nice neat layout Steve. If it were me, I'd put the panel in my lap during a football game this wekeend, take a new razor blade, and trim the little tails off all of those tie-wraps - trim them flush and square. I've got lots and lots of scratches/scars on my hands from working on wiring bundles that look like that after they have been installed!

Or better yet, cut off all the plastic tie wraps and use string tie :eek:

Beat me to it Walt.

Steve, check out paragraph 11-158 and figure 11-17 in AC 43.13-1B. The knot is a clove hitch secured with a square knot. Tie a few around some computer wiring for practice.;)

X3----and if you do the lacing first, then cut off the zip tie, things will stay nice and neat.

You are gonna love the AvMap for navigation, once you figure out how to program it :confused: nice unit, crappy instructions.

the goal is a 5 minute removal time

I will try the lacing at a later time. if I am able to remove the panel in 5 minutes then I may not need to snake my hand back there much, avoiding those sharpies. whirlwind prop 200RV scheduled to arrive in 4 wks. I selected the fancy prop custom paint job - white with red tips.

Back