What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Last time round Matterhorn...

Wow, magnificent! Thanks for sharing. I honestly don't understand how closing an airport will help limit the spread of the virus... but I don't wish to turn this into a political thread. I'm just glad you got the chance to take the flight and share it with us.

Hi Dan, flying here in South Germany itself is not restricted as far as I know but we are effectively grounded as we are not allowed to leave home.
Many time I saw the Matterhorn but never that close.
Hope all will be good again in a couple weeks.

RV-10 builder/pilot Gordon suggested a soundtrack change, great idea, done :)

Steve, -6.9 refers to late series -6 incorporating early -7 parts such as cowling & engine mount, -8 tail and pre-punched wings and tail ;)

thanks for sharing.... our airport is closed too. Do not understand how closing airfields is doing anything but hey no excuse not to build be building everyday :)

Great shot Dan !

Here we are grounded until 4/16 (they said) but I think it will be worse.

I'm lucky enough that I legally can go to the hangar, slow and detailed annual this year....

Praying that this horrible situation having a quick end.

Stunning mountain and I am glad thet I have been there once.
Why is your RV hanging from the roof? Lack of space?

This evening our President has also announced a total lockdown until 16 April here in South Africa

Last edited:
Hermann sorry to hear about your restrictions, didn?t think they were that bad.

Luca, buona fortuna and hopefully see u soon.

Janekom, yes hangar space is scarce around here. Loads of people and aircraft, specially in proximity to big cities. An advantage of the aircraft hanging on the hanger in the hangar is to be able to clean its belly and replace tires easily ;) But the main one is the ability of the upper yellow rail to slide right the hanger outside the hangar (don?t forget to those hangar doors first) and deposit ones aircraft outside without having to move the one(s) below :cool:

Back