What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Public Service...

Red Voodoo

Well Known Member
...Actually, just a slow night at work. I'd been pondering what N-number I'd like to have adorn my still-to-be-built aircraft. Like a lot of people, I like short and easy-to-say numbers, but I'd also prefer as few characters as possible. Snooping around on the internet I discovered that there is a website selling short N numbers. I'll leave you to search for it if you're interested (hint: it's really easy search). They've reserved a lot of good ones, with minimal syllables. Their prices start at "just a few hundred dollars"; no thanks!
Anyway, just for fun I did a little searching on the FAA website. Following is the list of available, 3 character numbers I found. Apparently Q is not very popular! Note that I did not look for three number combinations, only single digits with two trailing characters. Some of these have a bunch of syllables, others not so many. They'd save space on your airplane, at least! Herewith, for your amusement, the list:

7 and 8EU

7FQ

6,8, and 9JU

6KU

4, 5 ,6, 8, and 9NQ

9QE

4, 5, 6, 8, and 9QF

3, 4, 7, 8, and 9QH

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9QJ

9QM

2, 6, and 8QN

9QP

6, 8, and 9QR

9QU

2, 4, 5, 6, and 8QY

4, 6, and 9QZ

3RY

3 and 6UD

8UE

4UF

5UJ

5 and 9UL

3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9UQ

4, 6, and 9UV

5, 7, and 8UY

9VQ

7 and 9WQ

9XN

9XQ

6XU

3ZN

9ZS

Only 2 single syllable - Golf and Mike.

I reserved 4 meaningful numbers + G

I don't think it is a requirement to have alpha characters though.

Make it yours, then say what you want

I chose mine with a small meaning and personal. 76WE..the year I solo'd and my initials. I have found " 76 Whiskey Echo " easy to slur if in a hurry, and actually prefer " White RV" if I'm in congestion and need people to know what plane I really am...a few trips to big fly-ins and you will say what people recognize. Its a hard choice when searching the available numbers.. choose a good one and reserve it.

Back