What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose wheel pant protection

T.O.Craig

Well Known Member
Howdy to all,
My tug gets very close to the nose wheel pant when connecting up. I saw a company that offered a round insert into the hole where we attach our tug to the allan bolts. They were around $90.00, but can't find them in the usual spots.

Any suggestions, and of course thanks in advance!!!
65hr on our 10 and loving it!!
BTW we have a POWER TOW 40 (used) that works great!!

Thanks Sid and Eric. Flyboys is what I was looking for, but the Groment is a great idea also

Unless you can find solid countersunk SS rivets, you will eventually have corrosion there. I machined a similar ss spacer with #6 ss flatheads and #6 nutplates on the inside on the pant with an .040 aluminum backing ring (doubler if you will). Plus, it's removable, if needed.

Regards,

Attachments

• Nose Wheel Spacer.jpg
    Nose Wheel Spacer.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 119
I cut a 3" or so circle out of the clear flap protection tape, stuck it in place over the hole and then opened up the center.

Howdy to all,
My tug gets very close to the nose wheel pant when connecting up. I saw a company that offered a round insert into the hole where we attach our tug to the allan bolts. They were around $90.00, but can't find them in the usual spots.

Any suggestions, and of course thanks in advance!!!
65hr on our 10 and loving it!!
BTW we have a POWER TOW 40 (used) that works great!!

The front area between the arms of the EZ40 comes real close to the nose of the wheel pant. I added some square tube and conduit that fit the allen head bolts just right and don't need a huge hole in the pant to poke through. The added distance the square tube gets you makes it easier to connect without hitting the paint too.

https://n7zk.com/build-log/modified-ez-40-tug-for-rv-10/

Back