What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

DaveO

Well Known Member
I now have the RV Grinn!!!!!
At 1:40 P.M. on March 22, 2013. First flight went well. The very next day flew 2 hrs. Now only 38hr more to take Donna. Thanks to her and others that made it all possible.

IMG_4728_zpsd5f7fcbd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

Remember the smile won't wear off - enjoy phase 1 as you get to know her.

:)

Looks great Dave, what a milestone and sense of accomplishment. Great job - have fun! I like you paint layout. Nice and clean.

Congrats!

Congratulations! Be aware that your face will hurt for days because the grin never wears off!

Dave,
It was just by chance that I got to see your plane just before you took off for the first time on Friday. We were fueling the RV-10 just before your departure. Congratulations again! Let me know when you need that prop balanced. Take care!

You picked a fine day ...

BIGtime congratulations to you !! Hope to see you some weekend this summer at Putnam County!

(... I was airborne last Friday also, thoroughly enjoying the warmth and sunshine. I'm now only 3 hrs away from my 40 hrs and a "license to wander".)

Way to go Dave! It's a great feeling to fly... and land, the plane you built for the first time. It made me want to send thank you letters to Vans and Lycoming; as well as, all the smart folks on this website.

Thanks for all the Congrats on the build. It was good to finally take to the skies.
While it took a little less than three yrs. to complete, it was not without some tense moments as all builders know.
I had good advice and help along the way. The late John Marshall, Dan Catherman IA at Shelbyville, My patient wife Donna who helped rivet, and not least those on Rivetbangers and this forum and even Van's Aircraft builders advice.
I am glad it is done and now on to the fly off. It cannot some to soon!
I will be looking to meet many of you at some of those $100 Hamburgers!

Sincerely,
Dave

Back