What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Camera, First Video

If that's you're first attempt I hope you keep it up. Nice plane, nice video, well above average editing.

Nice Video

Nice Video and a great looking plane!

You know, we all need to collaborate though and figure out how to keep the prop from looking so stupid in these videos. I'm sure it has something to do with frame rate but I'm yet to see a solution posted.

Nice work!

Go Pro camera

I bought one of these a couple of months ago- The the demos I watched were all from the same camera angle as initially set up,- and most times boring!
I purchased a small electric motor with a reduction drive kit included to rotate the camera, and, so vary the viewing.

The ratios were 1:4, 1:4, 1:4,---, with six gears included and finally giving about about 3 rpm. from the initial multi thousand at the motor.
I drilled one of the mounting pads included with the camera kit centrally to take the extended final reduction drive rod (3mm) and turned a small plastic disc to press onto the last small reduction cog (6mm)and hot glued it to the underside of the Go Pro Mount.
The motor kit has one hole drilled to take the clamp screw of the go pro kit.

The $3 battery pack has two 1.5 volt AAA's and a on/off slide switch.
The reduction and motor kit $15. Time to make - one hour. Time to think 2 hours! No change to to Go Pro Kit.
Bought a switch to reverse the motor so the view can be changed from ahead, round 180 deg. to pilot/driver, stop, hold, and reverse back to ahead, or view out the side of aircraft, racing car, boat ,what ever.
One problem is the transmission of the motor noise up the drive gear chain, but a external mike would eliminate this. The prop problem mentioned is beyond me!
Will send pictures to those interested. The camera is a superb little unit, and I have mounted it on my cnc mill while making traction engine and RV-3 parts.

Great Job editing

Dan,

Nicely done. Look forward to catching it on a larger screen when I get home.

My frustration with YouTube has been uploading video with background music. With each attempt, the music is deleted and for the life of me, I can't figure out how you and others get the music to play.

If you have a moment, would you (or maybe other readers) mind giving me a rundown on how you accomplished getting the music accepted by YouTube?

Thanks - Really nice job on the video and the "3" is gorgeous.

If you have a moment, would you (or maybe other readers) mind giving me a rundown on how you accomplished getting the music accepted by YouTube?

I'm not a YouTube expert but it appears that copyright owners have
the choice of blocking your video, or allowing it but placing ads on
the page.

I've noticed many videos that have copyrighted music get links
to iTunes, Amazon, or other music sites encouraging viewers to
purchase the song. The music I used was previously purchaed
from the Amazon MP3 store, but I don't know if there is any way
to know prior to uploading if your material will be accepted. I just
tried and got lucky.
- Dan

It's almost bed time and now I want to go out in the garage and cut rudder stiffeners.

Thanks for that! :p

Back