What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Work

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
We need help on the RV1. Lots of good jobs need doing.

Wheel pants. Have to figure out the mounting brackets. I have a set for a 6,7,9 not sure if they will work.
Van made a new lower cowl. That needs to be fitted.
Danny is coming over to start on the baffeling.
Paul has someone lined up to fit the new belly pan, lets do it.

I am keeping regular work hours till Christmas. If any one wants to come and lend a hand? COME on Down!!! The hanger is open.

584 Aviator Drive, Hicks Airfield, Fort Worth,Texas
817 439 1220

Thanks for posting this Jay - Yes - if you have some time during the Christmas holidays and want to contribute some time to the RV-1 project, get over to RV central and find a project! We'll be out of pocket for much of that time, but jay will find something that needs to be done.

On the wheel pants, we sent some pics to van of the axles/brakes to see if it stirred any memories of how he mounted the pants originally - if we get some sketches back, that'll be eat, but if not, I bet we can make standard brackets work.

Craig Catto expects a prop to show up at Jay's before the end of the year, Oregon Aero is going to have some seat cushions on the frame by mid-January, so this is really coming together

Back