What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is this part?

BobbyLucas

Well Known Member
Looks like an electrical connector to me, but the description makes no sense. ES-00313 "Round Tongue Stud #8 Screw Size"
A search of the electronic plans turned up nothing. :/
YgZPzVQ.jpg

Dave12 is right. It is used on the autopilot servos, at least on the Pre-iS ULS. The iS could have other uses for it, I suppose.

i-5tdqNRX-L.png

It’s a pivot-framus valve. It goes on the end of the wobbelator shaft right under the flux capacitor.��

Last edited:
Sadly I've not seen Hogan's Heroes, but I do know it's all ball bearings nowadays, even fetzer valves. :cool:

Apparently ES-00313 is supposed to be this "ring terminal to spade connector,"
which makes more sense, but ES-00313 is not even in the plans. :confused: Oh well, I guess I'll know I need it if/when I come to it.

hZags5T.jpg

As for the part in the OP, a little birdie told me: "The connector is a 9-pin molex shell used on older (ULS) fuselage kits to connect autopilot servos. The newer (iS) fuselage kits do not use this connector at any location... the iS autopilot servos now come with DB-9 connectors already attached and the wiring harness comes will mating connectors attached."

Sadly I've not seen Hogan's Heroes, but I do know it's all ball bearings nowadays, even fetzer valves. :cool:

Apparently ES-00313 is supposed to be this "ring terminal to spade connector,"
which makes more sense, but ES-00313 is not even in the plans. :confused: Oh well, I guess I'll know I need it if/when I come to it.

hZags5T.jpg

In my kit, that terminal was for the fuel sender ground wire. It secures under one of the screws holding the fuel sender to the fuel tank.

In my kit, that terminal was for the fuel sender ground wire. It secures under one of the screws holding the fuel sender to the fuel tank.

Good to know, thanks!

After searching the plans I found these related terminals:

FUEL SENDER SIGNAL WIRE
CRIMP ES-36154
GARMIN: Q7142 (ORN/BRN)
DYNON: Q6073 (ORN/BRN)

FUEL SENDER GROUND WIRE
CRIMP ES-421-0108
Q6300 (BLK)

Last edited:
Moles connector

This is a molex connector. I?m not sure which print you grabbed that PN from, but I believe it?s a typo. Should be ES-00013.

Thanks!

This is a molex connector. I?m not sure which print you grabbed that PN from, but I believe it?s a typo. Should be ES-00013.

Thanks!

Thanks. ES-00313 was on my packing list, but it is nowhere in the plans. The molex connector supplied was apparently a mistake and is not used on the 12iS.

Well, Detective Nancy Baird at Vans solved the last bit of the mystery. She found ES-00313 in the plans on page 26IS/U-07. When I went to check the electronic plans I discovered the text in that page of the PDF is not selectable and therefore not searchable. :confused: 26IS/U-04 is the same way, but other pages are fine. So I can only assume there are random pages throughout the entire manual that are not searchable. That's disappointing.

Anyway, I will never forget part number ES-00313. :D

f21saXc.jpg

Last edited:
The ES-00313 is a small electrical tab with an attachment hole for a #8 screw. My kit came with the tab missing and that same molex connector in the ?bag?.

Back