What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Adirondacks

Vlad

Well Known Member
Passed by the Adirondacks the other day.

Couldn't resist jumping under the layer searching for a landable ice field. Indian lake. The runway is occupied. :)

A road to Speculator NY.

The same thing. Snowmobiles everywhere. I touch down they run toward me I run away. Non pilots for sure :D

Picture below was posted on supercub.org forum I've seen that RV12 in Vermont :)

Nice ice surface in that last photo, Vlad.

It's too bad some snowmobile operators don't seem to understand the risks of zooming their machines around airplanes on the ground. Sort of like the idiots that pass for boaters who try to play chicken with floatplanes. Oh well, Darwin will soon fix them... :)

We're looking forward to you "hopping the fence" to come up to Mo's Fly In later this month.

Nice ice surface in that last photo, Vlad.

It's too bad some snowmobile operators don't seem to understand the risks of zooming their machines around airplanes on the ground. Sort of like the idiots that pass for boaters who try to play chicken with floatplanes. Oh well, Darwin will soon fix them... :)

We're looking forward to you "hopping the fence" to come up to Mo's Fly In later this month.

Looking forward to it Mark! It's easy to hop your way with CANPASS. It's a pita to get back :)

My 1st 12 is just outside of Speculator at Piseco Airport. You didn't see it did ya?;) Great pics!

Float Plane

Before I got my RV, I had a float plane. The Jet skis would do the same thing when you would land on water. You never knew what way they would turn. We seaplane pilots call them Lake Lice.

Back