What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Today's technology

RV8MW

Well Known Member
Today instead of working on the 8 I went golfing should have stayed home and worked. Anyway before I left I was in the yard heard a distinct sound you always know when you hear a RV with vetterman exhaust so I pull out my Iphone pull up my plane finder ar app point it to the sky and wola the N number pops up a RV-4 putting along at 158 knots. Then I go to faa data base I find out who it was. While playing golf heard another RV so again I pull out my I phone point it toward the RV what you know a RV-8A my golfing partners can't believe it. They said you just took a picture of that plane and it told you what it was. I said yep and I can tell you where he is going. They said can you tell how many kids he has LOL . I think my RV-8 is calling me to finish it.I am so close hope to finish this spring. Anyway ain't technology great. How many more of you folks got it bad as me?

I know the feeling and once my ears indicate something is aloft, I am always looking skyward. And like you said, when you hear an RV, you know it before even seeing that boxy wing.

Can you tell me what app you used?

Plane finder AR the free one. When you see a plane just point it toward it and it will show you N number if they are in the system.

Back