What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine delivery delays

bizpilot

Having experienced a lengthy delay in receiving our io 390 and hearing others similar experience, has anyone any experience with Titan or other engine sources?

Been working with Titan. Been promised it should ship end of next week. James has responded to my many questions, and excitement and kept me in the loop.

I would expect every company my own included has delays you don't initial anticipate so I have expected a few weeks slip.

Having experienced a lengthy delay in receiving our io 390 and hearing others similar experience, has anyone any experience with Titan or other engine sources?

My experience was with Lycoming through Vans. Ordered at SnF. The call from Barb for the final $$ came so quick that I sometimes quip that the engine was delivered before I made it home from SnF. :rolleyes:

I got my Superior XP360 ahead of their estimated delivery. I was surprised that it only took 2 weeks from ordering my engine to delivery (after payment). I was quite impressed with the overall service and quality.

Van's website is showing 15-18 week lead time for Lycoming engines. Likely to increase after SnF orders. I'm sure the Superior dilemna doesn't help matters.

Last edited:
Back