What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TIRE TUBE STEM

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello Gents

I need new tires on my RV-4 and will be replacing the tubes at the same time and I've got a couple questions.

What type of tubes are normally installed with the Cleveland Wheels...The one the strait stem or the one with the 90 degrees ??

I think it is the 90 degrees one but I'm not sure..

Also what tires will you guys recommend?? I looked at the archives and a lot of you are using Dresser retreaded but these are not available with AC Spruce Canada where I will buy them...I looked at the Condors which seems ok..:confused:

Any suggestions will be appreciated

thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

I just received my Air Hawk tires (6 ply) yesterday from Dresser. I also ordered Leakguard tubes w/the 90 degree bend valve stem.

For tires it is all a matter of how much you want to spend. After reading all the reviews on VAF I decided to stick with what was on my -8 when I purchased it.

Tires & Tubes

Hello Gents

Thank you for the info.

So it is the 90 degrees stem as I thought...can't never be too sure.

I'm also leaning toward the Leakguards tubes as they seems to be as good as the Michelins for less money..

As for the tires looking at what is available from AC Spruce Canada I thinking of buying the Goodyear Flt Special 2 which looks to be very good...

One question for the ones of you who have used the Goodyears(Wide rib tread design and large footprint), will they fit with the original wheel pants without having to enlarge the hole..??

Thanks again

Bruno
[email protected]

Last edited:
Back