What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fly-In Taylorsville, GA Oct 24

JDRhodes

Well Known Member
We are hosting our 14th annual Fly-In at Rhodes Field in Taylorsville, GA on Sat. Oct. 24. Details on the VAF calendar.

This is a family fly-in. We invite the townsfolk and our flying friends. We cook Brunswick Stew and many of the "drive-in" guests bring side dishes to share.

Runway is 2000 feet, grass w/ East-West orientation. We are located midway between VPC and 4A4 near Cartersville, GA (about 4 miles from the big power plant). GPS coord.: 34 / 05 / 23N, 84 / 59 /13W. Send me a PM or call me at 770-547-9676 if you need any addl. info.

A number of people will be camping Friday night. You are welcome to bring a tent and join us. We have about 90 acres - so you can be as close to or as far away from the action (and the bathroom) as you like. :D

Count me in. I would never miss a Rhodes flyin, they feed you and are also darn good people (except for the GA. Tech thing) :D. If your in the area, this is a can't miss event.

Fly-In

Calling for some rain Friday night. I WILL BE THERE in the rain around the campfire (under a tent). So come on. There will be food and fellowship on Saturday.

Rain is forecast to push through on Friday night. If it's just showers the runway should be OK on Saturday. Call me at 770-547-9676 for runway condition update Saturday morning.

Fly - In

Jeff,

I will be driving out with the family if the weather is nice. We will be happy to bring a side dish. What time is lunch? Thanks!

Back