What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New To The Forum

Warden

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. I just bought and I'm going to start an -7 emmpennage kit. I bought it from a previous owner whom only completed the vertical stabilizer and a small portion of the horizontal stabilizer. I must say that the workmanship is outstanding. My compliments to this builder and for the trusting words from Mr. Jay Pratt which helped me to make this decision. I look forward to beginning the project and will, in all likelyhood, be asking for assistance from this forum.

Best regards,
Warden

Welcome!

Hi Warden,

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you - bought a partially-built empennage and wing kit from a great previous owner. He even took the time to teach me and have me practice some Vans RV build basics under his supervision - dimpling, riveting, deburring, etc.!:)

Mid mich

Where about in mid mich?
I am in Windsor, I am trying to wear out my gear landing at all the airports I can find in Michigan?

Likely a lot of fellow builders close to you.

Thanks everyone!

Rick, I'm about 15 miles south of Lansing. Small town of Charlotte (FPK).

Jeff
Dues Paid for 2013

welcome

Welcome Warden and Jim.
Lots of sage advise here.
Search a component before building it. Saves mistakes.

Warden,
I am doing a project in East Lansing and have been here since the beginning of July. I miss working on my 9A and would love to come see your project. Im heading back to Colorado for a few days but once I get back, we will have to get together. Have fun - that it what it is all about!

I will PM my contact info to you.

Welcome

Warden,

Glad you are getting started, You will love the RV7. Feel free to call if you have questions.

hey warden
i am over in howell i also have a rv7 tail kit. and an other project. if you need any help let me know.
i would like to come and see it as well

Hi Pete,
Are you selling your -7 emmpennage kit? I thought I saw it foe sale in the classifieds? Sure, I'll get in contact with you once I get started. I'm thinking of taking the workshop class in Oshkosh in January.

Jeff

Weclome Warden----Surprised jay didnt talk you into a 8!
Jay is a great guy, and a wealth of knowledge. Use this forum alot----it will help!!!
Tom

Welcome, Warden! You've embarked on one of the most rewarding things you'll ever do in your life. You might consider getting your wing kit on order. There's about an 8-week wait, and you'll have that empennage kit finished before you know it. :)

Back