What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newby with a new to me RV-6

Hi guys,

I have been lurking her for several months, reading and learning about RV's. And I'd like to thank all who post here for the valuable info you have provided.

Last week I found the airplane I've been searching for. It's a low time RV-6 built in 2004 by an A&P/IA in Cortez, Co. It has an IO-320 with a Hartzel C/S prop and a 6 pack of steam gauges.

The flight home to New Mexico was at 155 knots burning 7.5 gph. With just a few knots of tailwind it worked out to nearly 24 mpg. What's not to like about that, LOL?

If I've read the photo posting correctly, here is a pic.
rv-6sideview.jpg

Regards,
Bruce

Last edited:
Congratulations.

Bruce, the more hours you put on her, the more you'll discover why fighter pilots, crop-dusters and airline pilots alike, love their RV's!!

....and anyone else too:)

Best,

Looking Good!

Bruce.
You did good.
Nice clean, sharp looking RV-6.
The IO-320 and C/S prop is a nice combo often overlooked, especially with todays higher fuel prices. I know you are going to enjoy your new airplane.
Have fun!!

very nice. congrats. how about some interior pics seeing your skills are good in that area .

Interior pic

Hi,

I retired 3 years ago and up 'til now have flown very little. Now I'm flying nearly every day. Is it ever nice to be back in the air again! And now I can fly when and where I want, even better.

Here's a pic of the interior.

panel.jpg

My first project is to move the intercom and Davtron so I can put the Garmin 296 into an Airgizmos dock.

Regards,
Bruce

Three posts under your belt, and you've figured out how to attach a picture to two of them. That alone impresses the heck out of me! :)

Congratulations on the new bird... It looks like you've made an excellent choice!

Awesome!

Bruce,
That's awesome! Nice looking bird!

I did a bunch of my flight training out in Las Cruces in '91 - I love that part of the world.

Enjoy the journey!

Very nice

Get it up a big higher..Run it lean of peak (if your not already) and it might do a bit better with fuel.

Nice airplane.

Frank

RV-6

Very nice looking airplane.
A nice light RV-6 is a hard airplane to beat.
That's why I am building my second one!!!
Good luck.

Aden Rich
N251AR (RV-6 #2)

Back