What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Request recommendation on Houston airport

docsuresh

Good morning. Weather dependent, hope to fly to Houston later this month (16th) for a meeting. Will be staying in the Galleria area for 4 nights.

Any recommendation on an airport to land and park in is most appreciated. Hear a lot of very positive things about the Texas RV community - hoping I get to meet some of you in person.

Thank you,
Suresh
N765RV
RV7A

Kdwh was great to my wife and I last month. Free courtesy car, friendly staff and good food at the restaurant. They have a seaplane runway too!

West Houston, Sugarland and Houston Executive are also geographically reasonable with lots of services. You'll likely be parked with Gulfstreams, Falcons, etc. at those last two.

Last edited:
Tie downs

West Houston, Sugarland and Houston Executive are also geographically reasonable with lots of services. You'll likely be parked with Gulfstreams, Falcons, etc. at those last two.

Before you use Sugarland check that they have actual tie-downs for transients.

A few years ago they didn't and said they just "triple-chock".

The "Gulfstreams, Falcons, etc." are heavy enough not to need them...:)

After that I used West Houston and always found them friendly.

Thank you for the information. KDWH it is going to be. 100LL at $3.59. Nice.
Fingers crossed for good weather.

Suresh

KDWH - possible to get a hangar/shared-hangar rental for 3 days?

You guys always have dramatic weather in Houston (coming from southern Calif kid). Wondering if I could get the RV parked in a hangar (as opposed to the ramp) for the 3 nights I am in Houston.

Thank you in advance,
Suresh

Ellington any good?

Hi guys,

I have a week long meeting at NASA Johnson in June. I see Ellington is close. Is it an ok place for a transient RV for 5 days? Looks like they have car rentals? Any other recommendations for airports on the south side of town? If there is any hangar space in that neck of the woods for that long I would happily buy dinner or work something else out.

thanks

Geoff

Ellington's a great airport. I can't think of an airport with a more diverse collection of flying aircraft, if that factors in.

My hangar's full, sorry. Maybe someone else has room and will speak up. Otherwise, you'll be dealing with Landmark Aviation. They have several very large, very strong hangars. Self serv gas west of the city t hangar complex at very reasonable rates.

Rental cars are available at the Landmark fbo. They have a good volume of military and corporate car renters.

Last edited:
XS09 30 minutes north of The Woodlands

I have room in my mine in New Waverly north of Conroe. Not sure where you need to go, but it is at least an hour to Hooks driving. 18-36 Grass. Shoot me an email.

Kyle Gee
[email protected]

Hangar space available on the south side of Houston.

I have space available at KLVJ. Rental cars available at the FBO. Let me know if I can help out either of the guys looking for safe harbor for a few days.

David

David, thank you. I plan to call Sugarland tomorrow to inquire about possible hangar space since its about 12 miles from where I have to go for my meetings. If that does not work out, I will reach back to you and may take you up on your offer.
Thank you in advance and either way, please know that if you are ever in the San Diego area, would love to be of any support I can.

Suresh

Back