What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

disconnecting/reconnecting fuel lines, removing oil filter

ac_oldman

If I disconnect and reconnect a fuel primer pump hose, do I need to do anything other than re-torque the fitting to the correct value? is there any concern about air in the line?

When I disconnect it, do I just need a pan under the work area to catch dripping fuel?

Also, extra stupid question. I need to remove a recently installed oil filter for access to the area. It's had about 3 hrs of flight time. I assume it's ok to just remove the filter and not change the oil? I'll probably throw on a new filter and just eat the cost for the sake of not taking a risk, but is this overkill - should I keep using the same filter after removing & replacing it?

I don't see any issues of re-using the same filter, unless the filter type is of such that the casket can to be re-used. I have not seen such type though. In regards to the fuel line, yes just re torque to standards and check for any leak after. Once your fuel pump is running it will push our any air that maybe in the line. It is nothing different than when it is installed new.

some primer systems are mounted low in the fuel circuit so... don't forget to turn off the fuel selector valve first.

Back