What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody switch from Kitlog to web-based log system?

Buggsy2

Well Known Member
I've been using Kitlog-Pro since I started building 4 years ago. It's fine, but there have been zero improvements to it and it's tied to Windows. I want to switch from Kitlog to a logging system that is web-centric...and am hoping somebody else has made the switch and can advise. I'm conversant with computers and have thought of writing my own SQL to dump the Kitlog data into a generic format and then uploading to a website but would prefer to avoid the work, if there is a path already trodden.

My wife dose this for a living, so I kinda cheted by being married to a web master. It is a lot of work (for her) but I like to share what I am doing with family and friends, and anyone here, I like to share my mistakes and give back what I have learned from my own goof ups.

but there have been zero improvements to it and it's tied to Windows.

Funny, I emailed them two years ago asking and recommending they develop smartphone app. They replied they don't have one and have no plans to develop one. Obviously, they are sticking to that archaic mentality. I wouldn't expect them to survive much longer.

I started with Kitlog, and it quickly had me wanting to do outside and kick puppies. I switched to Expercraft, much more user-friendly.

I haven't started actually building yet, but I decided to go with a Wordpress-powered blog. As best I can tell, there's not a plugin out there for handling time logging, so I'm just going to write one myself. (It helps that this is what I do for a living) If I come up with a plugin that's relatively user-friendly, I'll share it with the community.

Nice thing bout the WP blog is that I can either add/edit using the web interface, or use a desktop platform. (I've been playing with MarsEdit for OSX)

http://rv.squawk1200.net

I haven't started actually building yet, but I decided to go with a Wordpress-powered blog. As best I can tell, there's not a plugin out there for handling time logging, so I'm just going to write one myself. (It helps that this is what I do for a living) If I come up with a plugin that's relatively user-friendly, I'll share it with the community.

Nice thing bout the WP blog is that I can either add/edit using the web interface, or use a desktop platform. (I've been playing with MarsEdit for OSX)

http://rv.squawk1200.net

I took the cheap approach in Wordpress, just using two wordpress Custom Fields for "hours-worked" and "rivets-bucked". So when creating a post, I just pick the field from the dropdown, and type the number. Then these numbers are easy to display in the templates where ever I want them...for example, the most recent line here.

Assuming you don't mind editing your templates, of course. Or, that page above is just a "Page" and I have the Exec-PHP plugin, so I can just drop in "<?php echo get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'rivets-bucked', TRUE); ?>" and be done.

However. I do web/online/computers all day. I've since pretty much reverted to a paper notebook. :D

Last edited:
I took a super easy route to my building record, I just took pictures of my progress and I don't mean an entire photo album. I had approx 4 pictures per sheet of paper with a total of 20 pages and this was more than adequate for the local FAA MIDO Inspector.

Now I do really enjoy the individuals who do a very detailed build record and post it on the web to assist others, this method was just not for me.

For those going the Wordpress route, I do a lot of blogging and include pictures. The vast majority of the time I take pictures with my smartphone and compose an email with the picture. My Wordpress blogs (yes, plural yikes) all have the Postie plugin for really convenient "blog by email".

While I do not use custom fields, there is a plugin for that too ("Custom Shortcodes")

Wordpress is really a "content management system" and not just for blogging.

I took the cheap approach in Wordpress, just using two wordpress Custom Fields for "hours-worked" and "rivets-bucked". So when creating a post, I just pick the field from the dropdown, and type the number. Then these numbers are easy to display in the templates where ever I want them...for example, the most recent line here.

Assuming you don't mind editing your templates, of course. Or, that page above is just a "Page" and I have the Exec-PHP plugin, so I can just drop in "<?php echo get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'rivets-bucked', TRUE); ?>" and be done.

However. I do web/online/computers all day. I've since pretty much reverted to a paper notebook. :D

Yeah, I haven't really thought it through, but I figured I'd use a custom field to store hours worked per post. I also wanted the ability to have a summary page, showing total hours worked, and also hours broken down by post category. When I originally conceptualized it, I took a lot at the WP database scheme and formed a rough idea of how to query for the data like I wanted, but I haven't sat down and really hammered it out yet.

Part of the reason for that is my love-hate relationship with WP. On the one hand, the user interface is wonderful, and install is easy. On the other hand, speaking as a Web developer, the guts of it are absolutely hideous and a royal PITA to work with.

I have been using Kitlog since the beginning and still think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread...no complaints here. It would be nice if they had a web interface for updates, but I probably wouldn't use it much.

For the OP, building your own website is pretty easy if you pickup FrontPage or the like. You could do it just as fast as updating Kitlog.

I have been using Kitlog since the beginning and still think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread...

I wouldn't go that far, but it does suit my purposes. It is a bit quirky, but being a gov't contractor for nearly 33 years, I'm used to that.:D

Kit log works great for me..

Simple. Effective as a building log and creating paper report summaries. but best for me is it doesn't require me to know much more than how choose pictures and tell a builder story. And, I don't have to worry that the website will disappear, destroying my log. Call it an effective process for many builders.

Facebook

Has anyone made a pace book page for their build? Your build could have friends, etc. They have that timeline, its all backed up fairly religiously to maintain the "user experience" that Zuckerberg wants, etc. It may not have the functionality of other programs, but it surely has already proven pic and video posting peripherals built in?

+1 for WP. I also have a FB app that my WP site can update if I choose that links back to my site.

I am not sure I would put my build log on FB as they have the ability to control the layout at any given time and it may migrate to a setup that would hose your idea. Good thought though.

WP has been/still is a great evolving CMS and works well and is endlessly configurable...which can actually slow things down if you are a "tweaker!" :D

I used Expercraft right from the beginning and it was excellent. It was free at the time, but I think there may be a charge now.

Thanks for the ideas. I am good with Kitlog's interface, but want something based in the "cloud" (Internet-served). I have Windows desktops at home and work, an Ubuntu netbook at home, and just ordered a new iPad. All this means I don't want to be tied to Windows anymore. I put the Kitlog .dbf file in a Dropbox folder and that helps between Windows computers.

Expercraft looks nice and they have a version that is a one-time cost of your choosing, but to get more features it's an annual charge...no thanks.

I'll look into Wordpress...if I come up with a transfer I'll post back.

I'm not sure why you want your records in the 'cloud'. That doesn't necessarily make them safer or more accessible. I'm Ok with maintaining a Kitlog page, but I'm happier having the records on my own systems, with backup, and even if the Kitlog program goes belly-up, I can still access my data through Access.

On the other hand, I expect on-line providers to lose data. They do it all the time. So you really need to keep a local backup or two handy, no matter what. But, if you prefer a web-based log for the look of it and to share it around, then it's perfectly reasonable to do that as long as you keep backups in hand.

I'm not sure why you want your records in the 'cloud'. That doesn't necessarily make them safer or more accessible. I'm Ok with maintaining a Kitlog page, but I'm happier having the records on my own systems, with backup, and even if the Kitlog program goes belly-up, I can still access my data through Access.

Think of it this way, you take a picture with your smartphone, its updated to the internet/cloud, and backed up on your computer when you sync your phone.

You now have a 3x redundancy of backup. Not too bad.

+1 for kitlog

I used kitlog for 5 yrs during my build and other than being windows-only, I liked it. It makes pretty reports that are nice for the FAA inspection. Now I have only one barely working windows-based machine at my house so updating doesn't happen anymore - of course I'm done building so I guess that's ok. I agree it could use some TLC, but I would buy it again if I were building.

Wordpress here!

All my pictures get dropped into a folder on my desktop, which is automatically synced to my Picasa online web album. Then I have a plug-in in Wordpress to VERY easily add pictures from Picasa to my posts.

I've also used a "Hours Worked" plug-in that adds up hours for each category and in total. This plug-in was created by RV builder Dave Parsons and updated to work with the newer versions of wordpress by RV builder Joshua Wyatt.

I'm making time lapse video of the entire build, and uploading them to YouTube, which is also simple to embed into a wordpress post.

And finally, I have another plug-in which makes a summary post on my Facebook wall each time I make a new entry in the build log. Keeps all my friends and family informed.

If anyone wants to see what the process of making a post looks like, I'll throw together a screen cap video.

You can see all the features working together on the blog:
www.edandcolleen.com

I'm not sure why you want your records in the 'cloud'. That doesn't necessarily make them safer or more accessible.

The main reason is accessibility. A web-based log can be updated and viewed from any Internet-connected device, not just a Windows computer. I'm gradually reducing my Windows usage, going more to other OS's, so I want to remove the last couple of ties I have to Windows. A file or webpage stored primarily on an Internet server is much more accessible than something stored only on your home computer. Even my trick of keeping Kitlog's .dbf file in a Dropbox folder makes it accessible only from other Windows computers...after I install Kitlog on those computers.

As to safety (against loss), I run my own backups to external disk drives but statistically I'm sure the big servers have a better record than individuals. What if you have a house fire or theft and the external drives are lost? The best is off-site storage of backups but even I don't bother with that.

I do like the concept of lots of builder logs in a single location (Kitlog, Expercraft) where I can search through them for ideas. I'd switch to Expercraft I think but don't want to pay $60 every year for the ability to print to local file, etc.

Last edited:
I've also used a "Hours Worked" plug-in that adds up hours for each category and in total. This plug-in was created by RV builder Dave Parsons and updated to work with the newer versions of wordpress by RV builder Joshua Wyatt.

Where might an enterprising builder get his hands on this plugin? As much as my developer instincts tell me to create something new from scratch, I'm rational enough to be interested in check out what already exists.

:)

One more vote for Kitlog..

I use Kitlog Pro and have since the beginning of my build. I follow lots of other people's websites too. I agree that Kitlog is a little cumbersome if you are the person viewing someone else's log. However, creating the log is super simple and fast. I really like the fact that when it's all done, I have an easily printed report of my entire log. I can print to PDF and have the whole thing stored digitally when it's complete. Also (as mentioned before) I like that it's stored on my machine. Even if the website support from Kitlog fails, I don't lose any data. I can even open and view logs (or show them off to others) using my laptop WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS. Is there a perfect solution? (i.e. takes no time, looks great, free, accessible anywhere, no risk of loss, etc.) Not in my opinion, but Kitlog works for me.

@ppilotmike: Yes, it works for sure. But it could work better: edit on the web and sync with local copy; allow more photos; much better searching on the web; iOS and Android versions. No improvements in 4 or 5 years?? Not good.

I like Blogspot.com

Friend and fellow builder Ron Duren introduced me to Blogspot from Google when I was starting my build. I like the web environment compared to kitlog for several reasons:

1. Free
2. I can click on photos to enlarge them to see better details
3. Tools and widgets to customize your layout ? you don?t have to be a webmaster
4. Search and label widgets that allow key word searches or allow you to group related posts and information into something more that just standard airplane component categories
5. World wide web audience ? you never know when you will snag another interested RV builder from cyber-land:D
6. Visitor comments can be attached to each related post. Not sure if that is how kitlog works or not when you send an email to the builder.

Challenges:
Hard Copy records:
Creating a paper copy builders log record from the web content. I can print pages of my blog to retain a hard copy, but at even at this stage, that amounts to many many pages, and a lot of printer ink!

Security:
Not sure what the backup protocol is for Blogspot. I have retained and backed up all my digital photos on separate media. Completion notes and dates for each step are in the plan book, so I think I can reproduce anything if needed.

Formatting:
Lots of options to format, but templates make this fairly easy ? pick one and go with it.

All challenges aside, I will stick with Blogspot throughout my build and beyond.

This is the page where I got the info I needed to make it all work on the current version of Wordpress.

http://rv9a.pacificrimsound.com/?page_id=5

Glad to see this was useful for someone! The credit really goes to Dave Parsons who wrote the original plugins and provided them on his build log; the only changes I made were to update the queries for the table structure of the newer WP versions, and add some extra output to the month totals one.

I also have a separate page template (under 'Project Status', http://rv9a.pacificrimsound.com/?page_id=4 ) that has a display at the bottom of hours worked per month, and some basic statistics. Seeing this thread made me realize that I left that part out of the page that Ed linked, so I have added that, and linked to the plugin file for download.

The one thing that I might do differently, had I the time to code it, is to provide a way for hours to be allocated to different categories per post. This is because I assign each day's post to all the various categories in which I worked (for instance, tonight I worked on the baffles, cowling, and the interior, so the post was assigned to three categories, and the total number of hours is added to each one). Using the current system, I enter in the total hours for each day's post, but there is no method to specify how many hours were spent in each category.
...The workaround is to make a separate post for each category (per day), which I did in the beginning--easy when you're on the empennage. These days, most work sessions span multiple categories. Sometimes during the wings, I decided to care less about category time, and just put in the total. It means that the totals for each category that show on the site are generally inaccurate, and I've been meaning to hide those. The important thing (to me) is the total hours worked, which is accurate.

There's much updating that could be done to the plugins; the structure of my site is essentially unchanged since I put it up in 2006, before I started doing a bunch of web programming for the day job. But it gets the job done, and most of the time when I get home, I'd rather build than code!

On the whole, I've been happy with the choice to use Wordpress as a build log. It's a great tool for something like this, and as others have said, can be tweaked to suit your workflow.

I'm making time lapse video of the entire build, and uploading them to YouTube, which is also simple to embed into a wordpress post.

I LOVE the time-lapse videos you made. I was thinking about doing the same sort of thing once I get started, but I don't know how to make the mechanics work -- what kind of camera to use, turning it to video, etc. If you have any tips, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks to Doug, there is now another option.

He just created a new section in the forums called "My RV Build Project." This is a place where you can create a new thread dedicated to just your build.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108

As DR explains is:
Think of this as your poor man's substitute to an online build log - a companion to the 'Virtual Hangar' area, which allows posters to showcase their completed RV.

One thread per RV project please. Name the thread something like:
8A John Doe

or

RV-12 #12345
Embed the occasional picture update using any of the techniques described here.

What you have entered will be time-stamped and searchable. You can even print it off down the road as proof you built it. Of course, you'll want to have copies of all this on your own computer (please don't use this as your only copy!).

It's free, Mac and PC friendly, and you can update it from your (or anybody's) smart phone, tablet or computer.

You're all on here every day anyways, right?

I LOVE the time-lapse videos you made. I was thinking about doing the same sort of thing once I get started, but I don't know how to make the mechanics work -- what kind of camera to use, turning it to video, etc. If you have any tips, I'd love to hear it.

I have a full desktop PC on my main workbench (with a 32" HDTV for a monitor :D ) running Windows 7. A laptop would work just as well. Not sure about other operating systems, as I use Windows Live Movie Maker... which comes pre-loaded on Windows 7.

The webcam is a Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000, but any webcam that the PC recognizes will work.

I also have a 30' USB extension cable from monoprice.com ($9, LOVE MONOPRICE!!!)

The program I use to capture pictures from my webcam is called Booru (http://lumai.se/bc.html). The extent of the configuration is telling the app which webcam to use, how often to take a picture, and where to store the pictures. Mine is set to take a pic every 5 seconds. There are other apps that do the same thing, but I haven't investigated them.

My process is this:

1. Put the webcam somewhere it can get a good view of the work area. Mine is normally clamped to a shelf somewhere.
2. Open Booru (it starts recording as soon as it opens)
3. Build an airplane.
4. When finished building the airplane, quit the Booru app.
5. I move the captured pictures to another folder, but only because I'm going to keep them all. If you're only interested in the video, you can ignore this step... and delete the pics when you're done.
6. Open Windows Live Movie Maker
7. In WLMM, click "All Pictures or Videos"
8. Browse to your pictures folder, right click > select all, then click "open".
9. In WLMM, hit the edit button.
10. There is now a field to choose how long to display each pic. I use .05 seconds.
11. Hit "Save Video" You now have a WMV Video file.

It looks like a lot all typed up, but it takes me about 20 seconds from start to finish (except the "build an airplane" step)

Think of it this way, you take a picture with your smartphone, its updated to the internet/cloud, and backed up on your computer when you sync your phone.

You now have a 3x redundancy of backup. Not too bad.

A weblog doesn't work that way. The blog goes down, any content you have not specifically saved is gone. I get the accessibility issue, but I prefer to separate my build log and my web page. The log is my complete local record (which becomes part of my maintenance records) and the web page is my public abstract of what I'm doing. I know people don't want to peruse my whole build log; even I don't refer back to much of it.

A weblog doesn't work that way. The blog goes down, any content you have not specifically saved is gone. I get the accessibility issue, but I prefer to separate my build log and my web page. The log is my complete local record (which becomes part of my maintenance records) and the web page is my public abstract of what I'm doing. I know people don't want to peruse my whole build log; even I don't refer back to much of it.

I have my wordpress blog set up to automatically back up the entire site to my separate dropbox account. This happens every morning at 3AM. There is a slick little plugin that makes it VERY easy.

In order for me to lose data, both independent service providers (dropbox.com and my web host) would have to suffer a data loss event that wasn't recoverable from the backups that they also maintain. Simultaneously.

But you're right, Patrick. These features are NOT there out of the box for most of the log methods discussed in this thread. Just like redundancy in your plane, ALWAYS have a backup... and make it an automatic one, because you WILL forget once!

Blogspot.com seems pretty good

Thanks everyone for all the good info. After reading through several threads including this one, I decided to try out Google's blogspot.com. A bit confusing at first for a blog neophyte like me, but it quickly became pretty intuitive to use. Advantages for me include built-in templates for very nice layouts, and a powerful WYSIWYG editor. Disadvantages are no tables (easy enough to create a spreadsheet page, save as an image, and insert the image) and no customizable fields (at least, I couldn't find any) to set up time-tracking or similar. I suppose with the html editor, which can be selected in place of the WYSIWYG editor, you might be able to create a table and do some other things that I don't plan to try.

As some others have noted, saving a separate archive can be challenging. But in my experience, Google has been pretty good about warning users of changes that might compromise their data. I was also able to download and save the complete web page I created on my local machine. Some formatting was lost, but it seems like this may be a way to ensure a local backup copy of your work.

I use kitlog at present but I'm considering jumping ship. It seems to irritate me more each time I use it. Far to many clicks on the same thing, small pictures that can't be clicked on for more detail and only 3 of them allowed, locks up and requires a reboot far to often. But as others have said...technically it works. It's like working with an old apple IIc though.

wordpress

Thanks to this thread and the helpful tips from Ed above, I've been using Wordpress so far (in my 2 week old build).

It's not 100% there yet but it does all of my must haves:
  • Tracks hours using the custom fields
  • Performs automated offsite backups to independent location (dropbox)
  • Works on Mac, iPhone and iPad (and anything else)

I got these things to work with minimal techy stuff. There are still a few things I'd like to get working better but I suspect I'll have to dust off some very rusty HTML skills to make it work:
  • Better formatting of the hours spent in individual blog entries. I've got the category totals easy enough but Ed has a nifty "Hours: x" at the bottom of each entry
  • Better control over how the categories show up

All this technical talk makes me feel pretty dumb.

I got an old 3 ring binder and wrote in it what I did. I also occasionally taped a non-digital photo in there.

During the inspection the FAA guy glanced at the log very briefly.

I like it. Has a bit of character and will still be here if all the computers in the world succumb to a virus.

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

I'm with Larry

I started with kit log and quickly became annoyed with 3 pictures etc. I decided I would rather build than write about building. After some 1.something thousand RV-8's, honestly I don't think I'd add much to the collective wisdom. I have 2 great hand-written logs and thousands of pictures. I had my logs available along with pictures on my ipad for my inspection. I took the same to get my repairman's certificate. All OK.

The fact that kitlog has not been updated tells you what the future holds...

If I were shopping for a used RV, the first thing I'd do is try to find the build log to look for the oops...

Do you, perhaps, mean 'OneNote'? It would be an interesting solution but perhaps a little too free-form for some folk who want a more formal log.

I took a super easy route to my building record, I just took pictures of my progress and I don't mean an entire photo album. I had approx 4 pictures per sheet of paper with a total of 20 pages and this was more than adequate for the local FAA MIDO Inspector.

Now I do really enjoy the individuals who do a very detailed build record and post it on the web to assist others, this method was just not for me.

Used kitlog on the first build.

Next build will be the above.
No need to overkill all the pics and time it takes to
put together.
When I went to FSDO they looked at ZERO.

KISS-------------always

Sorry, I did mean "One Note"

After watching the EAA Webinar with Joe Norris "Your Homebuilt's FAA Inspection" I decided my builders log would be completely digital, in my laptop at the hanger. The video was excellent:
http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=89780636001
I agree that the One Note is a little too "free form" but it does have some excellent features, if you go the route of simply presenting a digital log. I like the drag the photos in (any size and instantly resizable) and adding unlimited notes. The tabs can be for years, months, and dates. The pages can be for specific build steps. Unlimited data can be included such as pdf's of important data and invoices.
I looked for some kind of a journal add-on but couldn't find one.

There are still a few things I'd like to get working better but I suspect I'll have to dust off some very rusty HTML skills to make it work:
  • Better formatting of the hours spent in individual blog entries. I've got the category totals easy enough but Ed has a nifty "Hours: x" at the bottom of each entry

If you're using the Get Custom Field Values plugin, it's pretty easy to do, just one piece of PHP code to insert. Note: depending on where you want the hours to show up for each post, you may need to do this TWICE. Here's the bit to insert:
Code:
<?php echo c2c_get_custom('Hours', 'Hours: <strong>', '</strong> | '); ?>
...as you can see, the function has three arguments so you can customize the appearance on your page:
1. 'Hours' : The name of the Custom Field to pull from (this needs to match exactly the name you use when you're entering your hours in each post...which should be the same every time. I use 'Hours'.)
2. 'Hours: <strong>' : The text (including any HTML tags you want) to print before the field value.
3. '</strong> | ' : The text (again including any HTML tags you want) to print after the field value.

The function takes those three arguments, looks up the value of the specified custom field, and prints the whole thing. The example above would come out (assuming the hours value was 1.3) as:
Hours: 1.3 |

To output the hours on every individual post page (example), you need to edit the file named "single.php" in the theme that you're using.

To output the hours on each individual post in the list view -- most commonly your home page, but also individual category views and monthly-posts views -- you need to add it to the file called "index.php" in the theme you're using. (Note that per-post stuff in the index.php page must be inside "the loop", which is the part of the page that is repeatedly processed, one time for each post in the collection...whereas the header and footer, which show your site's menus, sidebars, and such, are processed only once.)

Theme files are usually located in the "wp-content" directory, in a subfolder resembling the name of your theme. Or, you can usually edit them from the "Appearance -> Editor" page in the Dashboard.

I'm always happy to offer pointers on this stuff if anyone gets stuck ... feel free to shoot me a note.

I did print off my entire build log (using an online WordPress -> PDF converter service) and bind it for the DAR inspection and future reference.

Joshua's site is where I got the code to do my site. Thanks for fixing up the CategoryTotal plugin... it works exactly as advertised!

PS: Joshua, I'm just up the road from you on 61 south of Hastings. You should come check out the -10 build!

I hate to resurrect this thread, but I am in the process of getting my Wordpress build log setup, and was looking for the plugin that Josh mentions. It looks like the link he had is offline. Can anyone help me find the plugin?

More Wordpress here

When I first started, I was using Blogger, then Movable Type, and then switched to Wordpress. I've gone through 4 providers, one or two site hacks, and all the growing pains of the blogging world.

I love Wordpress. I know just enough about information technology to really do some damage with a root password, but maintaining a Wordpress installation on my hosted site is within my skills, and it lets you do a lot from within the admin page of the blog itself, like upgrades, plugin installation, themes, and formatting.

I'm still going to have to write a python script to total up my hours though, because I'll have to do a regexp search for "* hours" in an XML dump of my blog. I didn't make or find a plugin to allow me to enter hours when I set it up.

I hate to resurrect this thread, but I am in the process of getting my Wordpress build log setup, and was looking for the plugin that Josh mentions. It looks like the link he had is offline. Can anyone help me find the plugin?

For some reason my site stopped displaying hours in the posts so I worked on it this weekend. I did notice that the http://www.coffee2code.com site is down , don't know if that's why their plug in stopped working or not. Anyway, I messed around with it until I got this to work:

Instead of using the c2c_get_custom call, I inserted:
<?php echo "Hours spent on this task: " ?>
<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID,'labor_hours_spent',true) ?>

after the
<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
line. labor_hours_spent is the name of my custom data.

You have to put it in both the index.php (on my new theme I think it's called page.php) and the single.php file just as Joshua explained above. If you're not a software geek, don't worry, I'm not either. This sounds harder than it is. Just follow the instructions Joshua gave above and copy-paste.

I believe the rest of the plugins Joshua listed on his page are still online... but I didnt check so I may be wrong...

The category total plugin that Joshua modified works great.

Have I mentioned how much I hate software....:eek:

Last edited:
Back