What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

left console

Wardo

I am looking for a left console that has a 45 degree incline toward the forward end of the part and has two instrument holes made into it. ive seen this part in a few planes. Is it bought or is it something someone has made.

Mid Cabin Cover?

Take a look at DWG 24A. The F-8113A-L Mid Cabin Cover for an 8A looks a lot like what you've described. I don't believe that the console is wide enough for two instruments even if you made a custom one with the incline on the front, as some have done.

Last edited:
DWG 24A

Take a look at DWG 24A. The F-8113A-L Mid Cabin Cover for an 8A looks a lot like what you've described. I don't believe that the console is wide enough for two instruments even if you made a custom one with the incline on the front, as some have done.

I looked through my drawings and i dont have a 24A.

Wardo,
William is correct, regarding the part number for the left mid cabin cover for the 8A. The 8 also has a similar cover, which can contain two 2.25" fuel gauges. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the 8, but if you use rear seat rudder pedals in the 8A, the bell-crank [horizontal on the 8A, vertical on the 8] can contact one of the electrical posts on the inboard fuel gauge.
I modified my F-8113A-L to eliminate this problem and to make removing this part for maintenance of the gauges or fuel selector valve easier. Basically, I raised the "pent roof" area up, and split the cover into three pieces, for easier removal. I made a taller "pent roof" section, to allow the electrical posts on the rear of the fuel gauges to clear the rear rudder pedal bellcrank weldment.
The original F-8113A-L is one piece. This means that if you need to access one [or both] of the fuel gauges, removal of the stock F-8113A-L will require disconnecting the fuel selector valve from it, as well.

F-8113-Lmodified1.jpg

F-8113-Lmodified2.jpg

LeftMidCabinCover3piecemodification1.jpg

These photos are just to give you an idea of what I did. I suspect that the vertical bell-crank on the 8, would not interfere with the electrical posts on the rear of the fuel gauges.
FYI, while these early in the build photos do not show it, the pent roof section is retained with #8 screws, not rivets. That allows it to be removed without the need to remove the other two sections.
Charlie Kuss

Stock F-8113A-L

Wardo,
Below is what the "stock" F-8113A-L cover [for the 8A] looks like. The cover for the 8 is similar, but shorter, due to the gear tower.
Charlie

ThrottleQuadrantMidCabinCoverRearRudderPedalLt.jpg

Back