What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carb: Throttle Arm

mike109g6

Well Known Member
Have a MS-3SP carb on my lyco. Using throttle quadrant with threaded cables. I can get full extention(open), but I can't get full close, about 1/4" left in throttle arm swing to achieve complete closure(to close butterfly). Quadrant arm not interfering with clevis on cable. Good enough? Suggestions if not.
Thanks in advance,
Mike H 9A/8A

I'd say probably not good enough, but you'll need to be able to run to be sure. Either way, it'd be better to go stop to stop. Is it in the middle hole or the bottom hole? The middle hole will provide a shorter throw for the same amount of butterfly movement.

Throttle arm

I'd say probably not good enough, but you'll need to be able to run to be sure. Either way, it'd be better to go stop to stop. Is it in the middle hole or the bottom hole? The middle hole will provide a shorter throw for the same amount of butterfly movement.

Middle hole. Have tried just about everything except reset the 'close' throttle stop screw which is adjustable. Just can't figure out how I can get both ends of the movement to work out. If cable set for close 1/4" short of full open, same in reverse. Just can't get my head around it. Use to rig giant scale RC all the time without any problems-but this has me baffled.
Figured full throttle better than, full close and not full throttle. If I could(but I don't think that I should) I would reset the position of the throttle arm on the butterfly spindle and the problem would be solved.
Thanks,
Mike H 9A/8A

Middle hole. Have tried just about everything except reset the 'close' throttle stop screw which is adjustable. Just can't figure out how I can get both ends of the movement to work out. If cable set for close 1/4" short of full open, same in reverse. Just can't get my head around it. Use to rig giant scale RC all the time without any problems-but this has me baffled.
Figured full throttle better than, full close and not full throttle. If I could(but I don't think that I should) I would reset the position of the throttle arm on the butterfly spindle and the problem would be solved.
Thanks,
Mike H 9A/8A

Actually, there is nothing wrong with resetting the arm angle as long as it doesn't interfere with anything on the outside.

Carb Throttle Arm/Cable

Got with Bill R and with his suggestion, instead of the middle hole on the throttle arm I attached the throttle quadrant cable to the uppermost hole in the arm. Works like a dream. Perfect. Throttle lever does not bottom out in full close or full open, just like it is meant to do, yet have FULL close and FULL open on the carb(against the stops).
Thanks Bill,
Mike H 9A/8A

Back