What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A few tricks from section 29 I learned

Av8rRob

Well Known Member
286s6yq.jpg

The block of wood to support the fuselage on its side can be made from a 2" x 4" with two paint stir sticks stapled to it. Fits great.

9vdoxw.jpg

Second, those tricky washers that get installed in the control column are 7/16" diameter. Make one of these out of scraps for easy way to install them.

Hi Rob,

Looking at your photo I think you might want to check page 28-11 figure 2 to confirm the orientation of F-01438 tab in relation to the F-01435 flange.

Cheers Jim

That's also why I noticed. I had to go back and re-do one side while working on that section.I picked it up originally while reviewing Carl Bells and Tim Olsen websites one night.
Cheers Jim

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I never noticed that small detail. Well there's something else to learn from this thread.

15hn680.jpg

Well I guess I just followed my plans after all?��

FYI, I have revision 2 dated 5/17/16 on page 28-11

Last edited:
Well I spoke to Vans tech support about the correct way this part attaches. Apparently the most current drawings are incorrect. You guys with the older revisions have it correct ironically. That being said, they recommend I leave mine as it is and build on. Said it will make no difference. But this is good info for all the builders behind me to know the plans (rev2) are incorrect.

Back