What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-605C bar doubler

mototopo

Well Known Member
I'm a little confused about the making of F-605C (DWG 20)

Looking at the drawings, I have to cut about 1/4" from the outer end of F-605C (the end that will accept the rear wing spar) to obtain the required lenght. But, doing it this way, the F-705C spacer (that I already precisely milled to size) will interfere with the first bend and F-605C and F-705B will not be parallel.

I see two possible solutions: slide F-605C inboard so the bend will clear the spacer (and eventually cut it to lenght on the inner side) or mill down the spacer a little more to not interfere with the bend and have a perfectly parallel assembly between F-605C and F-705B.

I think this is a critical assembly and I wish to build it the correct way, so... what to do?

Last edited:
just did this

measure from the bend to the short end... should be 2 inches.

Then measure 12.5 inches to the inboard tip (with the 1/4 inch radius)

Measure from the new cut short end (that's two inches from the inner portion of the bend) inboard 6.5 inches and then draw your lines to the tangent at the 1/4 inch radius

Your spacers will rest pretty close to flush with the outboard edge of the lower bulkhead, NOT FLUSH--but centered on the bolt hole that will be drilled through it.

Make sense? So essentially you'll be cutting about an eighth off of each end. My advice is to wait to cut your tapered angles for the 605-c's. Cut those after you've drilled the holes so that you can preserve edge distance at the radius. If the doublers are just a hair off, you'll lose that in a hurry, but with the extra space to work with you have all the room in the world

Last edited:
Back