What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyway way to speed up FAA registration process??

dreed

Well Known Member
I've been so busy that as I approach the end of phase 0 (initial building) that I let the registration process slip my mind. Totally my fault.

Vans is supposed to send my 8050-2 to me tomorrow (holidays slowed this a couple weeks).

I've heard you can pay someone/businesses in OK City to walk the docs into the FAA to help expedite.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Wondering if COVID, or the new online processes would prevent this anyway.

I may just have to suck it up and wait, but if I can speed it up it's worth somewhat of a premium to me to fix my mistake.

Thanks

Walk thru

A recent DAR client did this expedited registration and it was severely fouled up.

Initial registrations get priority. Most initial registrations, if everything is correct, are typically turned around within 2 weeks to 1 month.

Make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Include check and Print & Sign where instructed. Double check everything before you send.

Registration

King Title in Oklahoma City area. Two day turnaround normally, don't know if the virus affects things. 50 bucks the last time I used them.

My recent registration was returned in about two weeks from receipt by the FAA.
Mailed in with nothing special done.

I've used Insured Aircraft Title Service in OKC, they can handle everything usually in 1 day, and overnight your permanent registration. Last one I think they charged $60.

Thanks All! I'll reach out to them both tomorrow, if $50/60 that is very reasonable. But even 2-3 weeks should work too.

Registration

The FAA contracted out the registrations so check first because what worked before may not now!

FAA registration

When you call the FAA aircraft registration branch the recording says they are presently processing applications from Nov 5. I submitted mine Nov 10 and am still waiting. The number is 1-866-762-9434.
Wayne
RV10 N767W

When you call the FAA aircraft registration branch the recording says they are presently processing applications from Nov 5. I submitted mine Nov 10 and am still waiting. The number is 1-866-762-9434.
Wayne
RV10 N767W

Wow. I submitted mine last spring and got it back approved (first try - I CAN follow directions!) in under 10 days. I was amazed.

Last year it took the FAA three weeks to notify my of a mistake I made on the registration. A week for me to reply and then two weeks for them to issue my registration. A 3 week process that took 6 weeks. Not bad, and totally my fault for making a 2 week process 6 weeks.

Heads up

I just found out our application was rejected for not having both of us sign the 88 form.

This is the one notarized, ----- be sure both sign and both are notarized if the ownership is listed as "Co-Owner"

The 8050-1 states both owners must sign, but the 88 does not.

This is not addressed in the EAA reg packet, or the instructions for the 88 form.

I just found out our application was rejected for not having both of us sign the 88 form.

This is the one notarized, ----- be sure both sign and both are notarized if the ownership is listed as "Co-Owner"

The 8050-1 states both owners must sign, but the 88 does not.

This is not addressed in the EAA reg packet, or the instructions for the 88 form.

Yup....when we registered the Tundra, we had four names - ours, and our partner’s, and his spouse. We were down in Smith Valley and went to the Notary who worked out of the back room of some greasy spoon bar....but got it done! Of course, I had forgotten that until you brought it up. With teh registration branch, there is always something! Remember to both Print and Sign each name!

Several people I know recently got registration back within 7-10 days.

Ours would have been about that long------it is in fact on the FAA site as assigned with the correct info re. airframe type serial number etc.

Now, I am just waiting for the letter back from FAA telling me we need to redo the 88.

Then, off it goes again to get finalized.

Back