What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations for the both of you:D

Glad to hear all is going well.

Methinks maybe another front page photo there;)

Those are some of the biggest grins I have seen. Nice job and have fun flying the heck out of your plane.

Cool!

That is so cool how you guys built the airplane as a team - really neat!
Great video!

Congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment!

Watched the video -- simply amazing. You know, I'm 61 years old, and I can't imagine what the two of you will be able to accomplish by the time you're my age! Congratulations to you both!

Nice!

Great Video!
Congratulations!
You guys did a great job and it looks like you had a lot of fun together while building!

I'm looking forward to some travel stories.

Mark

Love it!

Great Job you guys! I liked the video and, like others, look forward to seeing those trip write-ups. Congratulations!

Jealous.... Come help me knock mine out! I'm in the home stretch! At your speed, we could be doing mine in 2 weeks!

Congrats on the first flight. Stay safe and take your time.

Awesome news!
Phil

Congratulations

The enormity of your accomplishment is not lost on those of us still building. It is pretty amazing that a couple of young folks (kids :)) could knock out a -10. A big congrats to you two.

Quite an accomplishment!

This is the first -10 that I've done a test flight on and man, with only the pilot's seat, no interior or paint, it's a rocketship!

Brian and Brandi built the entire wiring harness as well...quite a feat and everything worked well, the Dual Dynons very bright and easily readable.

At my age, we' re not easily impressed but this one did it!

A big congrats for sure....and it may just see Osh ...THIS YEAR!

Best,

5 flights already.

Wow! 5 flights in 2 days you will have no problem getting your 40 hr before Oshkosh!.

Really enjoyed watching the first (3) flights.

Got my left door trimed and on its hinges last night!

Congratulations! Well done, on both the build and the first flights! Lots more memories to come, for sure. :)

Vic

Congratulations

It was fun watching you two fly through this project. I doubted your time schedule at times but you did it. Fly safe, have fun. By the time I get there we can fly together somwhere.

Gary Specketer

Accomplishment

Wow, to be so young and have already reached the 4th level of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Watch out World!
Congratulations. Watching the first flight was thrilling. Watching you two along the way was very rewarding.

-Bill & Radar

Congratulations and well done! Enjoy the plane and we'll see you at OSH one of these years in your own RV!

Cheers,
Stein

The Dynamic Duo!

Congratulations Brian and Brandi!

In these days of prefabbed panels, made to order interiors, and all sorts of other available good help, the TWO of you built N42BU "old school" and tackled everything on your own. The panel is amazing, and the custom interior looks awesome. I am very proud of you both!

You are an amazing couple!

Keith

PS: FINALLY, some photo credit!

Congratulations Brian and Brandi. That is awesome! Great job. You might have those 40 hours flown off in time for the Old Rhinebeck trip this weekend at the rate you' re going! I'm looking fwd to you flying with us here at FFC.

JERRY
RV-8 N84JE
Flying since 2007 640 hours

Awesome!

Glad to see it finally happened! Way to go. Now the fun really starts.

I've been following along for a little while now and I am amazed by the speed and progress from you two. Truly inspiring!!!

I'm jealous!

... but, congratulations! :) Now, reap the rewards of your effort and travel in that baby!

Awesome

I've following your guy's progress for the past year. What an accomplishment. I'm deciding if I wanna pull the trigger on a project like this with no real technical building skills at all, but it looks like so much fun.

Congrats again on getting that bird airworthy.

Back