What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Product Announcement JD Air Parts

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
JD Air Parts is excited to announce another addition to our line of products for the RV aircraft. We have developed a drop in replacement trim knob for those who have manual aileron trim on your 6, 7, or 9 RV's.

The JD Air Parts trim knob provides a very quick install and very positive control of the trim. The knobs and all of our inventory is in stock and ready for immediate shipping. Visit our site for details. www.jdair.com

IMG_2620__84881_thumb.JPG

Install sheet: http://www.jdair.com/content/Roll Trim Assy 1.PDF

Last edited by a moderator:
Darwin,

What ever happened with the Slider Canopy Latch Handles? I never got one in the mail... :)

BTW, nice product and a great idea on the roll trim knob!

Coming soon!!!

I know this was delayed but there were some engineering issues to work through. In order to make this compatible for retrofit, we've had to do some creative design work. We will not use any set screws, so this presented a challenge.

Be patient. It will be worth the wait.

Darwin,

What ever happened with the Slider Canopy Latch Handles? I never got one in the mail... :)

BTW, nice product and a great idea on the roll trim knob!

Advantage?

What is the advantge of this over the simple lever now in my plane. Your product is nice looking. I am not sure what the diameter of your new product is but more than 1.5" (approx.) and it will be rubbing on my Oregon Aero seats.

Will the holes in your insert bushing match up with the holes already drilled by the builder in the trim shaft?

I only ask because, for example, my Van's handle will only go on in one direction (facing aft). This is because the holes I drilled through the trim shaft for the AN-7 bolt are not perfectly square. They're off just enough to prevent me from flipping the handle around to face forward. Is this what you mean by "ATTACH LUG MOUNTING SYSTEM IS DESIGNED "LOOSE" TO ACCOMMODATE DISCREPANCIES IN THE BUILDER DRILLED HOLE"? How much oversized is that hole in the lug to allow for builder discrepency?

Nice finished look to the product!

Last edited:
info

Your product is nice looking. I am not sure what the diameter of your new product is but more than 1.5" (approx.) and it will be rubbing on my Oregon Aero seats.
If you only have 1.5" between your seats then you wouldn't be able move the stock lever far enough to trim your aircraft effectively. The knob might be a better option.

Will the holes in your insert bushing match up with the holes already drilled by the builder in the trim shaft?
Short answer....most likely YES. The hole is .221" in dia. we have already installed it with some very poorly drilled holes. If yours didn't work there is some room to drill it again with the attach lug in place.

They are selling fast we will start working on the second batch just after the holidays. Hope to hear back from people who already got 'em on the way.

Back