What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New paint job

Sure looks sharp! I sure wish I was at that stage, see you went for the tinted rear window too, how do you like it?

Fin fairing

The fin fairing looks neat too.

Do you have a wee dint in the port side just below the front of the fin?

I've got mangled flaperons where someone (the painter!) must have done something naughty.

Cheers...Keith

Dent/Window

"Do you have a wee dint in the port side just below the front of the fin?"

Keith...It looks a lot worse than it really is, but there is a slight depression there. :( I think I should of added a wedge spacer during construction like I did on the other bulkheads.

"tinted rear window too, how do you like it?"

Don...I like the looks of the window a lot, and it does provide a little more privacy from lookie lous on the ramp, but other than that, I see no other benefit or problem.

Flying and loving it! :D

Hi Steve,

Looks awesome!

I am working on the fuselage presently and only starting to think about paint schemes.. Thanks for posting.

May I ask who did the painting? How long did it take? Any pointers for those to follow?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Steve,

May I ask who did the painting? How long did it take? Any pointers for those to follow?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks Tom. Gary Armstrong down here in Paris, TX painted the airplane. He has a small shop close to the Paris airport. I was lucky to be able to take my plane apart and truck the pieces to him (with his help) for painting. With prep work and everything, it took about three weeks. He is excellent with fiberglass prep-work. Steve

It's a beauty. Congratulations. I'm still trying to decide which RV to build. I have it narrowed down to a -7, -8, or a -12.

Great paint job! Enjoy your new, flying RV-12. Now the fun begins ... have many great adventures and be safe.

Back