What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lurking no more!

SeanM

Hi All,

Long time lurker that is finally pulling the trigger (aka wife has given approval lol)!

I have assembled most of the tools, slowly working on the practice kits, and getting the garage all ready. I've taken 3 EAA workshop classes and it's all starting to come back to me now.

This April I'll be ready to order an rv10 empennage!

I am in the Utah area and would love to ride in a 10 (or any RV for that matter!) if anyone happens to be flying near KPVU or U77. I would be happy to help /w cost!

I have enjoyed following this form and I'm excited to finally be starting my own journey of building and airplane.

Cheers,

Sean

Welcome to both VAF and the RV-10 crowd.

I've noticed that sometime in April is when Van's often raises the prices. They give some notice, though.

Dave
RV-3B now on the fuselage

Welcome to VAF!

Hi All,

Long time lurker that is finally pulling the trigger (aka wife has given approval lol)!

------------------------------------------------------

I have enjoyed following this form and I'm excited to finally be starting my own journey of building and airplane.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

There are a couple RV 10 folks around SLC Sean http://www.vansairforce.com/community/member.php?u=9573 And Scott http://www.vansairforce.com/community/member.php?u=2525

Last edited:
Welcome! Building is tons of fun. Your only way to mess up at this point would be to delay getting the kit any longer :)

Welcome

Welcome and congratulations Sean.
Join an EAA Chapter and find a mentor. It will save you mistakes, money and time.

Last edited:
Sean, I am just fitting the doors on my -10. So, if you want to see a whole bunch of parts, slip up to KBTF. Sean and Rick's competed RV-10 are right next door to me, and Scott's is just down the street.

I spend some time in Hurricane, so I want to see that -14 sometime! Wayne L., an F-1 rocket buddy is building a Carbon Cub down there, as is another friend over at SkyRanch.

Cal

Also in the KPVU area...

I'm also a long-time lurker hoping to build an RV-10, and I'm also in Utah County. I'm a couple of years from a start though. Once you get started, if you ever need an extra set of hands or some muscle to move things around, I'd love to help out and maybe pick up some tips! PM me when you're ready. Gotta get a couple of kids off the payroll before I start mine! :)

Welcome, Brandon!

One of the hardest things about the build is committing to the decision to start, and you're past that. Lots of friendly and helpful people here, and the search engine will turn up threads to answer almost any question.

Welcome Sean!

Congratulations on your project start! Actually, I believe the hardest part is continuing to commit throughout the project, once you've started. However, surrounding yourself with a supportive community will help immensely. Join an EAA Chapter if you haven't already and, of course, use the search tool on VAF to get help from those who have gone before you.

Sean, I am just fitting the doors on my -10. So, if you want to see a whole bunch of parts, slip up to KBTF. Sean and Rick's competed RV-10 are right next door to me, and Scott's is just down the street.

Cal that sounds like a blast, I would love to take you up on that sometime!

DarbE- Thank you for the offer, would gladly take you up on that when I get started

Back