What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage Kit Deliveries

3014RV

Anyone have a ship date for their fuselage kit? If so how many weeks from the time of order? Van's website is currently showing 10-12 weeks, I'm wondering if that's what's actually happening.

My delivery was schedule for Sept. 29, but the first batch is now going to be mid Oct. as per Van's. I have not heard when the next batch is going to be ready.

Fuselage Shipping

Just received an update, another 2 week delay before shipping.

Yes, I believe that the first batch should go pretty quickly once they start shipping. I know they have been putting the final touches on how to fit it all in a crate. That's the latest I have heard. Just don't know how many kits are included in that first production run. It can't get here soon enough, I've painted all the rooms in the house, the garage floor, replaced all the windows, trimmed all the bushes, I have banked about 5 years of honey dos while waiting. I know we will be happy once it arrives, but man has it been hard waiting.

Been told the first batch of fuselage kits have been shipped today. Since I'm one of the farthest away deliveries, I should be getting mine first, right? Only seems fair to me.

Hi Ron
How where you notified that your RV-14 Fuselage is shipping? I've not seen anything yet re my order but lets hope so soon.

I'm in Western Australia so if they are shipping to farthest away they should have sent my order weeks ago - lol

I actually called Barb and then she sent me an e-mail with all the shipping info. , including the tracking#. Are you sure Australia is farther away than Nova Scotia? I feel quite remote here.

Delivery

Vans told me my Fuse was ready for the -8 but the day before they called.. I broke my ankle and was couch bound.. So whomever got my Fuse... Lucky you! I had to delay my delivery for Oct.! HAHA

Just got my fuselage kit. I will start the inventory tomorrow, so far it appears undamaged. I asked Vans to use Old Dominion for shipping because they have been very good so far. Shipping was $204 from Van's to near Chicago, which I think is reasonable. Crate is 97 x 40 x 19 295 lbs. Not sure how to post pics but will try later

Posting Pics

Just got my fuselage kit. I will start the inventory tomorrow, so far it appears undamaged. I asked Vans to use Old Dominion for shipping because they have been very good so far. Shipping was $204 from Van's to near Chicago, which I think is reasonable. Crate is 97 x 40 x 19 295 lbs. Not sure how to post pics but will try later

There is a thread on it, but here's all you do because I can't wait to see the pictures.

Go to: http://tinypic.com/index.php and click on browse to where your picture is. Resize to Message Board size. Then click on upload now. Copy the line for forums and message boards. Then open a new reply or post and paste that link into your post. Easy Breezy.

Last edited:
Thanks. Here is a test photo. I will take more detailed pics tomorrow
339kjt3.jpg

Been working on mine for a over a week now. It's an amazing piece of engineering and manufacturing.

I thought I would have time this afternoon to inventory most of the box but it will take me at least twice as long as the empenage kit due to the amount of parts. Here is a pic of most of the parts minus the skins and firewall.
2gvj9s2.jpg

Glad to hear the 14 fuselage kits are shipping. Looking forward to checking out my friends to see the improvements over my 7A.

Tom,
Hard to believe there have been 3,504 model 7 kits shipped since mine was crated.

Gary
N325AB
RV7A (70715)
1180 hours

Scott,
Yes I understand... Just doesn't seem like that much time has passed.

I'm sure the kits and instructions are always improving. Back when I started mine the RV old timers thought we had it made, now look where we are.

Good luck to all you RV14 builders.

My fuselage kit made it all the way to Nova Scotia in a week, impressive even more impressive no holes in crate.
Night shift resumes.

Back