What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall Horn Washers Question

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
SO I am trying to assemble the stall horn today and can't find the washers. I finally look at the packing list to find 30 of the large washers in the attached picture and none of the correct washers. The small washers were the supposed to be NAS1149FN432P. So now I have a bunch of washers of unknown size.

I happen to have purchased a bunch of random nuts bolts and washers from the yardstore. I would like to know if the one I am using are a good substitute. They are labeled AN960-4. I also have AN960-4L. I think that the latter are too thin and would take a lot more washers to stall horn assembled.

It worries me a bit when the correct parts are not in the bags.

AN960-4L and AN960-4 are the washers called out on the RV-10 stall warning sub assembly which is identical to the RV-14 assembly. I think someone just took the 432 part of the number of the NAS number for the -4. I used the AN960-4 washers on mine.

I think that they put in the wrong washers. I don't think that it is a typo. If it was a typo, then I would have been able to find the washers somewhere.

Luckily, I got them about a month ago when I bought a bunch of stuff from the yardstore.

I think that they put in the wrong washers. I don't think that it is a typo. If it was a typo, then I would have been able to find the washers somewhere.

Luckily, I got them about a month ago when I bought a bunch of stuff from the yardstore.

Well, something is a typo, because that MS number is not AN4 hardware as the bag calls for...:)

It does not replace an AN960-416L as the typed description says.

I would say the plans are in error here and whom ever made the list used the plans to as a reference. The bag has what the RV-14 plans call for, but that is not what the RV-10 plans call for. The washers called out for the RV-10 application make more sense and that is what I used. I have been wrong once before!!

SO I am trying to assemble the stall horn today and can't find the washers. I finally look at the packing list to find 30 of the large washers in the attached picture and none of the correct washers. The small washers were the supposed to be NAS1149FN432P. So now I have a bunch of washers of unknown size.

I happen to have purchased a bunch of random nuts bolts and washers from the yardstore. I would like to know if the one I am using are a good substitute. They are labeled AN960-4. I also have AN960-4L. I think that the latter are too thin and would take a lot more washers to stall horn assembled.

It worries me a bit when the correct parts are not in the bags.

I think you are looking in the wrong bag.
The portion of the list you posted (AN4 hardware) is 1/4" inch sized fasteners. An AN960-416 Washer has a 1/4 " hole. An AN960-4 has a hole sized for a #4 screw. Leaving a couple of digits of a part # can make it and entirely different part.
I admit it can get confusing with the conversion from AN to MS part #'s, but it is what it is.

Yep , I'm wrong again. Man those part numbers are long. The bag the OP needs is 3017. 20 washers there.

Don't thank me, thank rvbuilder2002. He's the driving force for this solution. I messed up like you.

Not following you guys here.

Are you saying that that the NAS1149FN432P washers contained in bag 3017 are improper somehow?

The OP had mistakenly picked bag 3005 which had a similar part # washer, bag 3117 has the correct ones

Back