What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GSA 28 roll servo install question

Stick.rudder

I'm New Here
I’m installing a GSA 28 servo on the R wing of my 7A using the RV-7/8/10 install kit. The stop bracket that comes with the servo overlaps with the mounting bracket, so that if the stop bracket is attached to the servo first, the servo will not lie flush with the mounting bracket. If the servo is attached to the mounting bracket first, the stop bracket will not lie flush to the servo. Should I trim away the overlapping portion of the mounting bracket, or shim the servo to the mounting bracket to account for the thickness of the stop bracket? Or am I missing something all together?

Gregg Larson
7A slider 74401
Paid

Thats addressed in the Garmin install manual and the unevenness is just how it is

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 344
trim

I would trim the mounting bracket to not interfere with the over center stops. Do not discard the over center stops, you need them and your life could depend on them.

I recently installed one of these in my 8 wing. No trimming was necessary and I would be hesitant to trim anything without Garmin’s approval.

I’m hoping to hear from Garmin soon. Thanks for the reference to the drawing. That provides a sanctioned plan going forward.

Back