What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Night Flying the G3X Touch

avionicsr

I thought you guys may enjoy seeing some pictures of the G3X Touch at night.

photo15.JPG

photo16.JPG

[ed. Thank you Pahan for posting these pics. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't you have a backup if you are flying at night? Ha! I just got my 2 screen and I thought it was a bit over the top. Great picture. I cant wait to get mine installed. Thanks

Shouldn't you have a backup if you are flying at night? Ha! I just got my 2 screen and I thought it was a bit over the top. Great picture. I cant wait to get mine installed. Thanks

There is a backup. Mid Continent SAM in the bottom left corner.

My comment was humor. Not very good I guess! My thought was you had so much ability and backup to get through about anything. I really can't imagine a better panel that what you have. I drool on mine and it is just sitting on my bench so much Im worried it may not be waterproof! The panels we have the option of putting in our experimental planes these days it truly amazing. The changes since I started building 2-1/2 years ago is crazy. I hope I get to fly mine before everything goes to Heads Up Display. That will truly be the ultimate!

I would love to see photos of your install. I am working on the panel support modifications needed for the 2 screens. Both my screens are on the pilot side and it requiring modifications. My radio is on the right side and it if was 1/2" higher, it would clear the back support - but it isn't! That is the biggest problem I am having right now. If you have pictures, I would love to see how you did things.

Thanks

My comment was humor. Not very good I guess! My thought was you had so much ability and backup to get through about anything. I really can't imagine a better panel that what you have. I drool on mine and it is just sitting on my bench so much Im worried it may not be waterproof! The panels we have the option of putting in our experimental planes these days it truly amazing. The changes since I started building 2-1/2 years ago is crazy. I hope I get to fly mine before everything goes to Heads Up Display. That will truly be the ultimate!

I would love to see photos of your install. I am working on the panel support modifications needed for the 2 screens. Both my screens are on the pilot side and it requiring modifications. My radio is on the right side and it if was 1/2" higher, it would clear the back support - but it isn't! That is the biggest problem I am having right now. If you have pictures, I would love to see how you did things.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of photos, since I installed this panel in a rush (about two and half weeks). The old panel was a G3X Legacy system, picture of the old panel below. If you want to post any pictures with the areas you have questions about, I'd be more than happy to give you what guidance I can.

photo17.JPG

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of photos, since I installed this panel in a rush (about two and half weeks). The old panel was a G3X Legacy system, picture of the old panel below. If you want to post any pictures with the areas you have questions about, I'd be more than happy to give you what guidance I can.

photo17.JPG

Did you stay with conventional CB's or switch to VPX during panel update? Can't tell in the night pic if you removed them. Super cool!

I was just wondering if you realized this is an RV kit aircraft not an airbus right? :D

Very impressive! And im totally jealous that you have more $$$ into avionics then im going to have for nearly an entire airplane even if it is a demo for the company!
But with that being said, that is just sooooooooo sexy!

Last edited:
Beautiful! You have a much more capable system than the early glass cockpit airliners like the Boeing 757 and 767.

Frank

Did you stay with conventional CB's or switch to VPX during panel update? Can't tell in the night pic if you removed them. Super cool!

I had to go to a Vertical Power VP-X because I simply didn't have the real estate for conventional circuit breakers. The VP-X has been working great, and flawlessly.

Back