What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Daytrip to Wisconsin Dells

NovaBandit

Well Known Member
I'm trying something new (for us at least!) and I put together a "Flight Log" video of our trip. We're still figuring out what works well in these videos, format, things that should be longer/shorter... and we'd love some feedback about what you all think!

https://youtu.be/3A-YEuN-Pqk

Trip writeup (From our blog post)

So? Wisconsin Dells was the destination on our travel map. And at only a quick 45 minute flight, that?s a great little getaway! And they have a taxi service as well.

Wisconsin Dells is probably known as the waterpark capital of the world. But guess why we were going?

MagiQuest.

Aw yeah.

The full trip writeup is at http://www.goodplaneliving.com/flightreportwisconsindells/

image-4-e1467397461143-1024x768.jpeg

Nice write up! I enjoyed following your build too--you guys and a few other RV-10 couples with young children inspired our switch from RV-8 to RV-10.

See you at Oshkosh?

Guy

Nice write up! I enjoyed following your build too--you guys and a few other RV-10 couples with young children inspired our switch from RV-8 to RV-10.

See you at Oshkosh?

Guy

Just working on the final OSH plans now! I'll be there all week, probably getting there Friday or Saturday the weekend before the show.

I remember when it was only 1 child to get ready for a trip. Try 3:eek:

Nope! We only have one more spare seat! I told the wife if she wants more kids it's going to get really expensive because we're going to have to go bigger, like a G36 Bonanza, or maybe that new TBM930... that's a pretty sweet plane!

Now if Van's comes out with a 170knot 6 place amphib airplane, all bets are off!

Good news Jesse: They finally figured out what causes that, and it's not swimming in public pools! ;)

~Marc

Sweet, so I can renew my pool membership?! I can check that off the list of causes. Only 3-4 possibilities left.

Nice.

Thanks for posting this trip write-up, Ed and Colleen. See you both in OSH soon. I really am dying to see the inside of your 10. Love the dash-mounted AOA indicator!

Enjoyed the video and the write-up

Ed,

Nice video and write-up. RVs can do 160nm one-way trip in an afternoon! I was timing the take-off in the video and it is off the ground in around 10 sec! See you at Oshkosh in couple of weeks!

vj

Back