What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV pre-buy needed in SoCal

Pre-buys in SoCal

Howdy,

I'm an RV builder/flyer and A&P mechanic in the LA area. With my friend and fellow RV builder/A&P, IA Mike Phillips I've been doing pre-buy and annual inspections on RVs around here for several years. We're familiar with RV construction and have seen a lot of builder errors. We know what kind of things to look for and how to correct problems. We'd be happy to help you out if you've got an RV picked out to buy.

Pax,

Ed Holyoke
RV-6A N79WH flying
RV-6 N86ED engine soon

Other local builders

Howdy,

I'm an RV builder/flyer and A&P mechanic in the LA area. With my friend and fellow RV builder/A&P, IA Mike Phillips I've been doing pre-buy and annual inspections on RVs around here for several years. We're familiar with RV construction and have seen a lot of builder errors. We know what kind of things to look for and how to correct problems. We'd be happy to help you out if you've got an RV picked out to buy.

Pax,

Ed Holyoke
RV-6A N79WH flying
RV-6 N86ED engine soon

Hi Ed, I'm in LA too and know few builders here. I'm with Chapter 96 in Compton. Are you a member of a local chapter?
Thanks Erik
[email protected] or ph. 310-329-1305

Hi Ed, I'm in LA too and know few builders here. I'm with Chapter 96 in Compton. Are you a member of a local chapter?
Thanks Erik
[email protected] or ph. 310-329-1305
Howdy Erik,
Mike and I are based at Whiteman. Chapter 40 has their hangar here, though I'm not a current member. I had to quit going to meetings some years back when they conflicted with my A&P school. I didn't get back into the habit of going. I know some of the regulars including a guy building a 9A in their hangar. I do keep up my EAA and AOPA memberships. What are you guys building down in Compton?

Howdy Erik,
Mike and I are based at Whiteman. Chapter 40 has their hangar here, though I'm not a current member. I had to quit going to meetings some years back when they conflicted with my A&P school. I didn't get back into the habit of going. I know some of the regulars including a guy building a 9A in their hangar. I do keep up my EAA and AOPA memberships. What are you guys building down in Compton?

Hi Ed, Whiteman is know for Homebuilts if I recall. I'm just getting back into homebuilts. I've been away for about ten years. Compton still has there big hanger they rent out small section of to builders. There are even a few project that are still there from long ago. There is a RV-6, looks like a quick build that is being work on. A couple of Velocities, a couple of Long EZ an All wood/ tube and Fabric that looks very cool, and some other planes not sure what they were. Pretty pack in there. My first meeting in a long time was last month and I enjoyed the FAA guest speaker on flying safety in Alaska.
Maybe one of these days I will head up to Ch.40 meetings.
I'll look you up if you don't mine to inspect by future build.
Thanks Erik

Hi Ed, Whiteman is know for Homebuilts if I recall. I'm just getting back into homebuilts. I've been away for about ten years. Compton still has there big hanger they rent out small section of to builders. There are even a few project that are still there from long ago. There is a RV-6, looks like a quick build that is being work on. A couple of Velocities, a couple of Long EZ an All wood/ tube and Fabric that looks very cool, and some other planes not sure what they were. Pretty pack in there. My first meeting in a long time was last month and I enjoyed the FAA guest speaker on flying safety in Alaska.
Maybe one of these days I will head up to Ch.40 meetings.
I'll look you up if you don't mine to inspect by future build.
Thanks Erik
Howdy Erik,
Yeah, there's quite a few homebuilts at WHP. The real hotspot seems to be Chino. A lot of RVs out there. Chapter 40 has meetings on a Saturday. Looks like today, in fact. http://eaa40.org/about/eaa-chapter-40-meetings/ We've got our flying 6A and a couple of 8 projects along with my 6 wings in my hangar. If you want to come up sometime, I can show you around that stuff. I can be reached at eight one eight 675-8918.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but does anyone know Ed's contact info? I am also in need of a pre-buy in the area and I'm not so sure he got my PM. Go ahead an PM me a phone number or e-mail so it doesnt show up on a public forum..

:edit: doh I didn't realize his phone number was right above this post. Nevermind, guys.

Last edited:
Back