What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

"Cobra Ball"

DSC00370.JPG

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=95170

Amazing and Beautiful Photos

Hi Doug and All RV Pilots and Builders. I don't get on VAF very much, but from time to time I'll look around and check up on everyone but I don't post much anymore as I've had my flying RV-6 for many years and I'm not building like some are and needing information. I started this post about Ground Photos in Sept 2006 which was 7yrs ago and I can't believe that there have been 180,2009 views since then with over 46 pages on VAF! KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING!!!!!! Cheers to everyone :):):)

During the West Coast Ravens Formation Clinic 2013. Courtesy of George "Cipher" Ford.

DSC_3617hdr.jpg

Here's Mary in our new RV-8A, christened "Amelia":

10169_541062419262990_412845330_n.jpg

Here she is, getting her nose-art applied yesterday (Amelia, not Mary!):

1005182_547161431986422_1788491003_n.jpg

And here she is, all cleaned and waxed, in her temporary digs:

1000058_540115152691050_13163677_n.jpg

Both of us are pilots, and we've racked up about 30 hours on Amelia, in less than three weeks, getting ourselves up to speed in this wonderful aircraft.

We are loving every minute of it! :D

Congratulations!!

Jay and Mary, congrats on finally finding the right bird.

Looks good:D

The amphib looks familiar-----------you wouldn't happen to have a parrot on your head would you???

The amphib looks familiar-----------you wouldn't happen to have a parrot on your head would you???

Why, we resemble that remark! :D

Yep, we're Parrotheads! The island's chapter is VERY active.

Thankfully, we're so busy that we can't often participate in club activities. My liver thanks me every time we turn down an invitation from those crazy people! :D

I saw Mol780's 2008 RV-9A at Brenham, Texas, this past weekend, and in case anyone was wondering, those decals on the fuselage below the cockpit air inlet are the equivalent of warbird kills or bombing missions. They show a knife, fork, and spoon. Love it.

Thanks Brent. While an RV-8 is at home on shall grass strips and big controlled concrete equally well, this pilot has a softvspotvfor grass (but not a spot for soft grass). BTW, the corn in the background is only about 6'. The crop flanking the runway is 9-1/2' this year !

killing pancake breakfasts since 2008!

I saw Mol780's 2008 RV-9A at Brenham, Texas, this past weekend, and in case anyone was wondering, those decals on the fuselage below the cockpit air inlet are the equivalent of warbird kills or bombing missions. They show a knife, fork, and spoon. Love it.

RV at Sunrise

I am fortunate to have a photographer friend (even if he flys a Cessna) that was willing to get up before dawn to get these pictures of my RV-8 during sunrise at N79. I am a bit biased but I think he did an AWESOME job.

067_8_9_tonemapped_zpsae074c74.jpg

115_6_7_tonemapped_zps311ef0b6.jpg

217_8_9_tonemapped_zps731d47db.jpg

149And1more_tonemapped1jpg4_zpsf55953ee.jpg

Nice! I know that beauty with aluminum ailerons. I fly by her wing to Grimes in 2012. Hi Mike :D

Been on vacation after Oshkosh so these are a little delayed.

105.JPG

Tuesday morning in HBC. Woke up to a very heavy dew and went for a great run. So much fun running down the center lines of the closed runways! Got chased off by some kid on a golf cart but it was a blast!

photo%25203-1.JPG

1340BccVsYoILbAZcDs5-nF_dFD5m0v_wklyrq6Znck=w368-h207-p-no

For the airline types, you know what Positive Space is, for the non, it's a guaranteed seat on the plane vs. standby or space available. Also, when your company goes bankrupt, robs you, and constantly harasses you, Positive Space is where you go to get your mind right. The project kept me sane during all of that, thus the name. And I haven't been bumped yet :D
First flight March 23, 2103. Out of Phase one. Solid and reliable with no issues whatsoever to date.

Love it!

Been there, done that for 23 years with an airline...you hit the nail on the head with your "Positive Space" ! I named my -4 Casper...but the results are the same! Congrats on your new ride. I do offer a lot of non-rev options to passengers though.

Its not mine anymore but this was taken last week just before I delivered it to the new owner.

n87dx31_zps87ae1cad.jpg

have a few more if you would like to see them.

LOVE the name!!!

1340BccVsYoILbAZcDs5-nF_dFD5m0v_wklyrq6Znck=w368-h207-p-no

For the airline types, you know what Positive Space is, for the non, it's a guaranteed seat on the plane vs. standby or space available. Also, when your company goes bankrupt, robs you, and constantly harasses you, Positive Space is where you go to get your mind right. The project kept me sane during all of that, thus the name. And I haven't been bumped yet :D
First flight March 23, 2103. Out of Phase one. Solid and reliable with no issues whatsoever to date.

http://s870.photobucket.com/user/johnfurey42/media/8664c927-bfcf-4e5b-b805-[IMG]

[IMG]http://s870.photobucket.com/user/johnfurey42/media/1059b2c4-dc57-4912-a8d6-d3888fe96845_zpsb19c956c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://http://s870.photobucket.com/user/johnfurey42/media/aa20ac07-72b7-4aa4-bd2f-6e29b83bcec1_zpsa0de2ce8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1[/IMG]4759aff40fbf_zps922bee86.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0[/IMG]

DSC_0004_zpsb22054f6.jpg.html

Sorry, this was my first time to post pictures and I must not have it dialed in yet. I still have plenty of paint details to get done on the plane but this is it setting in the yard at home in Ohio

Thanks for the help and the compliments Flyboy, I will have to get some advice before trying that again. Just remember that grass needs mowed :D

This was from a photo while on our way to the Copper State Fly in
last year. This was in Cavern City New Mexico.
0_0_61dc2c6ad1ab497993a2438c621f5814_1

Geoff

image-18.jpg

this is sunday of osh about noon time,high time rv parking,easy departure, cavu skies, headed north to beaver island. :)

Well...

It's not exactly sitting on the ground but it isn't flying either.

Long%2520Island%2520-%25202013.jpg

The white is chalk for the spot landing contest. And no, I didn't win, this picture was taken while on the takeoff roll.

Last edited:
Basic Transportation!!!!!!

Here are some samples of the work performed by my traveling photographer. He specializes in aircraft photography,
ground siting, air to air, both video and stills. If anyone would like to use him to immortalize your passion, just contact
me for info. He is a true artist. Allan...:D

Back