What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Speechless........

Flyguytki

Well Known Member
No words can describe just how simply amazing these machines are. I have only been flying the airplane for 4 days but I have already found the most relaxing thing you can every do. After work I quickly changed and headed straight to the airport, pulled the cowls real quick to check everything was still in order from yesterdays flights, put everything back together and launched. The plan was to head 40 miles south to KTDO (Toledo) then over to KCLS (Chehalis) and back home, planned on about an hour of flight time.

photo-6_zpsfaf29537.jpg

A great view of Mt. Rainer on the way to Toledo

image_zpscb3c90ed.jpeg

Mt St. Helens off in the distance

image1_zps90a6285a.jpeg

The long awaited in flight portrait.

map_zps761b5f67.jpg

54 minutes from Start to shut down, 2150 RPM, 6.8 GPH and 145 kts over the ground, cant possibly as for anything more.

I know it has been said many times, but Keep pounding those rivets, it is so much better than you can imagine, in 32 more hours if anyone ever needs an RV Fix let me know I will take care of you.

Well done that man!

Now, are you as young as you look? If so....I hate you. Come to Oshkosh, have a beer on me (if you're old enough) and we will see if I can forgive you.

:) Nah, I'm kidding....mostly. It's the scotch talking...

Congrats!

Well done that man!

Now, are you as young as you look? If so....I hate you. Come to Oshkosh, have a beer on me (if you're old enough) and we will see if I can forgive you.

:) Nah, I'm kidding....mostly. It's the scotch talking...

Congrats!

Haha I have been legally drinking for 4 years :), I would venture to say I am close to one of the youngest who have finished an RV on my own. Takes a lot of dedication, a VERY understanding fianc?, and a deployment to purchase big ticket items.

We will be at Oshkosh, plan to arrive on Sunday morning and depart Thursday, this will be my 4 trip, 2nd time flying in 1st time in my plane. I can't wait!

Haha I have been legally drinking for 4 years :), I would venture to say I am close to one of the youngest who have finished an RV on my own. Takes a lot of dedication, a VERY understanding fiancé, and a deployment to purchase big ticket items.

We will be at Oshkosh, plan to arrive on Sunday morning and depart Thursday, this will be my 4 trip, 2nd time flying in 1st time in my plane. I can't wait!

4 whole years? I have Tshirts older than you. Still, if you wander by camp Scholler, I'll probably still hand you a beer after we ID you. Naturally, I'll give you a dirty look...unless that deployment was with the Corps in which case all is forgiven. May forgive you anyway, unless you're Air Force of course.

Seriously, congrats on that accomplishment at such a young age! Very impressive.

They are amazing machines, that's for sure. I too discovered it's one thing to read about how good they are and another to experience it for yourself.

You'll also notice a lot of interest in your plane when you land. I can hardly go anywhere without the RV attracting interest. When I was flying the Cherokee 140 I was never sure anyone saw me unless I made a less than perfect landing.

Well done David. Someday when you're heading east, stop in and say hi (KEPH), I'd love to see your 7 up close.

, I would venture to say I am close to one of the youngest who have finished an RV on my own.

Congratulations! Well done.

I remember the feeling when I finished my RV-4 I was 22 at the time.

Time takes its tole on us.

Have fun with it.

Nicely done David! I'm jealous...at one point you were "behind" me in your build...should be joining you soon.

btw...what kind of tracker are you using?

I wish I had an RV when I was that young. :)

Come on up north on the 22nd of June for the Langley, BC fly-in. It's not an "RV" fly-in, but there are more than 20 RV's based on the field, and others fly in for it. You could do your first border crossing!

Oh, assuming you have your hours flown off...

David,
Nicely done. On your way to OSH stop by Anoka MN where we have a very active RV group. In our hangar we have an RV 9 (mine, only 2.7 hours left for phase 1) an RV 6A and an RV 9A. The other planes were built and owned by Alex Peterson and Pete Howell, both names you may recognize from the forums. Enjoy your magnificent flying machine.

Bernie

Behind you too

Nice Dave,
Are you using a tracking software.(like ham radio type)
Hopefully pretty soon
Congratulations
Smilin' Jack

From Toledo to Mount Whitney in 51 minutes??? Wow, didn't know RV's were supersonic. Should say hypersonic. I am impressed!! Did you get any flak from ATC? :)

Back