What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Handy Jack

Rick6a

Well Known Member
Grove Gear equipped -8's do not lend themselves very well to many of the jacking alternatives out there. I purchased the Handy Jack and am happy to report it works exactly as advertised. Used with a common floor jack, set up is very fast and the wheel is clear of the ground in mere moments.

Simply straddle the Handy Jack over the main wheel assembly, wrap the steel cable around the bottom of the gear leg and back into Handy Jack and you are good to go. ALL JACKED UP! Works great.

http://aviationtechproducts.com/index.html

jack00215go6.jpg

This is nice jack

I have seen this jack in action over at my buddy's hanger it was a extemly nice and safe. I will be buying a pair myself

Rick6a said:
Grove Gear equipped -8's do not lend themselves very well to many of the jacking alternatives out there. I purchased the Handy Jack and am happy to report it works exactly as advertised. Used with a common floor jack, set up is very fast and the wheel is clear of the ground in mere moments.

How is the jack cable secured to RVs with tubular gear?

I dont get how this works.
More hand holding please.
How about a picture in use?
I tried the website on the original post and no joy.
Thanks

Kahuna,

I must have an improved model. Unlike the example in your pics, the nose of my Handy Jack nests inside the cup of the floor jack.

brakes02615hj0.jpg

Yea Baby!

LOVE IT!

Sweet
Simple
Safe

May be the only Mo-better would be more portability. That would be the ultimate. :D Nice. I find most FBO's jacks are too tall to go under RV wings. Flying X-C away from home base, you some times have a problem getting a lift.

Never dropped a RV off a wing jack but worry about it. This is much better or at least a stressful jacking procedure. At least if something weird happens you will not punch a hole in your wing.

Last edited:

Simply straddle the Handy Jack over the main wheel assembly, wrap the steel cable around the bottom of the gear leg and back into Handy Jack and you are good to go. ALL JACKED UP! Works great.

http://aviationtechproducts.com/index.html

jack00215go6.jpg

Bringing back an old thread because I wanted to see who uses this jack. Wondering how it will work on the -8 because I was looking at the gear leg and had trouble seeing where this would wrap around with the brakes in the way.

New Handy Jack for sale . . .

I have an unused handy jack for sale - I ended up buying wing jacks so never used this. $70 + shipping.

I would like to buy one handy jack if somebody has one. Shoot me a PM please. Thanks!

Back