What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GEA sensors for EFII/G3X/IO-360

JoopSJ

Well Known Member
I am trying to find out what I need to connect the EFII system 32, with an IO-360 to the Garmin GEA engine monitor.
The standard package Stein recommends is:

- G3X sensor kit , 4 cyl Lycoming
- G3X fuel press sensor P4055-50G
- Slick Mag RPM sensor

Anyone with the EFII/IO360/G3X combination that can help me out with the parts list? (Pretty shure I won?t need the Slick Mag sensors)
Any other advice is also welcome.
Thanks

Not sure why they would recommend a mag based RPM sensor, when you won't have any mags. Your EFII should have an RPM feed that will plug directly into the GEA 24. Not sure what PSI the EFII runs at, but I am guessing it is in the mid 40's. I would want a 60 PSI fuel pressure sender or greater. 50 seems too low for me. That would require you to build a custom map in the G3X, but it only takes a couple of minutes. Most transducers deliver .5 volts at 0 PSI and 4.5 volts at their max PSI. It is linear.

Larry

Last edited:
Larry's generally correct. The RPM sensor can be removed. It will come from the tach wire from the ECU. Ask Robert about the FFI-1 fuel flow converter, which takes the injector pulse signals from the ECU to convert into a fuel flow reading
That replaces a typical red cube. Hope that helps.

Back