What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inspection paperwork question

s24789

Well Known Member
Patron
I am about to send in our request for airworthiness certification paperwork. We have reserved an N number for the airplane. Should I use that that number on e request paperwork or leave blank. Trying reduce paperwork issues. Thanks in advance for help.

Yes, use your reserved number. I just sent mine off Tue. (8050-1; 8050-2; 8050-88 and $5.00) They don't make it simple do they. If we make a mistake, we will go into the 3-5 week pile on the return trip to OK.

I am about to send in our request for airworthiness certification paperwork. We have reserved an N number for the airplane. Should I use that that number on e request paperwork or leave blank. Trying reduce paperwork issues. Thanks in advance for help.

Not quite sure I understand what you're asking here. Don't send any paperwork in for airworthiness certification until the aircraft is properly registered.
You WILL send in a copy of your "reserved" registration number with your registration request asking that that number be applied to that aircraft.

After you receive your registration, you will then send in your airworthiness certification request.

I think he really meant reg paperwork.

I res my # online. They said to write the res # on the three forms mentioned above. Then when we get the 8050-3 back from OK, we have that available along with AW cert req and all other paperwork for DAR or FAA insp.

Mel I thought both requests went in at the same time. Is this not true ? Please advise.
Thanks
Phelps
Just put the wings on yesterday for the first time and drilled rear spar,
. I can now say it looks like an airplane.

Nope!

Mel I thought both requests went in at the same time. Is this not true ? Please advise.

The airworthiness certification cannot be started until the aircraft is properly registered, as all airworthiness paperwork is based on the registration information. i.e. The make, model and serial number on the 8130-6 must exactly match the registration.

The registration request goes to Oklahoma City. The airworthiness request goes to your inspector.

Thanks
Phelps
Just put the wings on yesterday for the first time and drilled rear spar,
. I can now say it looks like an airplane.
Check the EAA website under the homebuilders section. The exact set of steps to follow is there.

Figured it out. The n number goes with the registration paperwork to the FAA. After weight and balance and program letter then the application for airworthiness cert. Is files with FAA.
Thanks for the help
Phelps

Back