What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

More RV wins at aerobatic contests

WillyEyeBall

Well Known Member
The results of the Mason-Dixon Aerobatic contest in VA are posted, and our Ron Schreck won all three sequences (gold medals), and the first place plaque.

Oliver Spatscheck in his RV8 and first contest placed 2nd in Primary. There are only three more contests this year- Keene, NH, Sebring, FL, and Marana, Arizona. Two RVs are preregistered for Sebring, but expect a couple more will compete.
Our aerobatic consultant/mentor/ and RV advocate placed 1st in the Unlimited. Way to Go, Eric.
This has definitely been the year of the RVs in aerobatics. Next year should be even better.:D
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower AL

Congratulations Ron! That's super!!! Thanks for sharing Bill!

I just got back last night from a long trip out west. Back to practicing this week if I don't get called out for work.

Ron also ended up with a 1st place in the 2016 IAC Regional Series for Sportsman in the Northeast Region, which ranks the highest scoring pilots for each category in their Region of the country, using an averaged final score for all contests flown during the year. Since Ron is now officially a sandbagger in Sportsman, he's planning on flying Intermediate next year.

sandbagger, huh?

Eric, I see you're not sandbagging and now flying unlimited in your Pitts S1, AND winning 1st place.:D Congratulations to our RV mentor and coach.
Cheers,
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower AL

Eric, I see you're not sandbagging and now flying unlimited in your Pitts S1, AND winning 1st place.:D Congratulations to our RV mentor and coach.

Well Bill, since I have trouble beating the top Advanced 'lifer' guys in their MX-2's, I just moved to Unlimited so I don't have to fly against them. :) But seriously, I'm only doing this for fun...and why not, since there's almost no Unlimited activity left on the East coast. Leave it to the two of us 4-cylinder guys to bring back some Unlimited activity at the Regional level around here. Just glad I can provide some entertainment. ;)

Back