What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help W/Navaid Autopilot

Navaid

Scott,
What do you mean by not working? Mine takes several cycles through the process of steering to course, green light from the Smart Coupler, Navaid On before it "hooks up" and I mean at least a dozen tries! Don't know why and it's very frustrating but maybe a few more cycles will get yours back on track?
To clarify, mine will alway go off on a tangent for several tries before it does what it's supposed to. Is your just dead?
The guys at Navaid are very good about trying to help.
Dave

Last edited:
I have a long long trip comming up (four times across the US) and my Navaid Autopilot stopped working. Dose someone around Merced Ca. know whats what with these units. Thanks!

I am not in the business of selling autopilots and have several hundred hours experience with a Navaid. If I had a trip upcoming that involved four transits of the US and my Navaid died, I would have the guys at Trio Avionics overnight me one of their EZ-Pilot control heads because it will plug directly into the Navaid harness using the Navaid servo and provide more features, reliability, and accuracy than the Navaid.

Have a great adventure across the fruited plain and back (twice!)!

Last edited:
Sam has a pretty good point for a trip like that. Mine got me across once but for 4 crossings a Trio would be a wonderful thing to have.... :cool:

Back