What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Vertical Stabilizer Riveting Video

Thank you. Your videos have been very informative and confidence-building. I've watched them all since the toolbox one. Please keep them coming!

When you say you wrap your dimple dies with blue tape, do you do the whole surface area of the die or partially? Got any pictures of what you are working with? I halo'ed the **** out of my practice projects and would rather not have that effect on the real plane.

By the way, your pneumatic squeezer is really quiet! Mine (not new, an "eBay special") spews quite a bit of air when it's fully engaged. I should probably open it up and have a look at all the seals inside.

Thank you. Your videos have been very informative and confidence-building. I've watched them all since the toolbox one. Please keep them coming!

When you say you wrap your dimple dies with blue tape, do you do the whole surface area of the die or partially? Got any pictures of what you are working with? I halo'ed the **** out of my practice projects and would rather not have that effect on the real plane.

By the way, your pneumatic squeezer is really quiet! Mine (not new, an "eBay special") spews quite a bit of air when it's fully engaged. I should probably open it up and have a look at all the seals inside.
Thanks for the kind words my friend!
Here is a pic of the #40 3/32 Dimple die, 1/8 AN470set and flat Squeezer set with fresh tape on them. 10-15 ish uses.

I just discovered the video series you are producing! Excellent job and please don't stop. Thanks for your commitment to showing others the build!

I used the same tape trick on my flat rivet set. Helps to avoid sliding and marring of the surface. Use a good quality thin tape.

I just discovered the video series you are producing! Excellent job and please don't stop. Thanks for your commitment to showing others the build!

Thank you for the kind words. Share Like and Subscribe if you like. I just hope my errors will save others time and $

If you guys have any requests, Let me know please. I enjoy making the videos and building everything

Over dimple on the scrap pieces?

Hey. Great videos! please keep em coming...

Can you or someone that knows explain how to know if something is under or over dimpled? I did all dimples on my VS but havent riveted any. Would suck to find out that I did it wrong after its too late?

I used a C-Frame and waked it a few times until the sound changes...at least I think it did.

Back